• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Once again stylish script for full width for SeaMonkey 1.1.17 won't install.

Mentor ,
Jun 24, 2009 Jun 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stylish show as Loaded  but the script Adobe Jive Forums - Force full browser width doesn't show up in global styles.

I've go to site looking for it clicked on load for link for other Mozilla Products. it appears to load something then say it can't find installer script. I had a hard time getting it to update with 1.1.16 looks like it would load information in profile folder so it wouldn't have to be reinstalled  everytime there is an update.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Its exactly what was needed does this just  affect the adobe forums?

it'll only have an affect the div related style called "jive-wrapper"

i suppose it will might effect any other jive powered sites you visit - if any - that use that css tag...

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seawhat?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SeaMokey, you know that all in one Product that Mozilla makes  a Combination of FireFox and Thunderbird

I need a serious answer.

I've copied the code  and the name to Stickies (Apple sticknote Program)

If I  knew how to save as a userscript I would just do that and switch to it while visiting forums and do away with stylish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PjonesCET wrote:

you know that all in one Product that Mozilla makes  a Combination of FireFox and Thunderbird

Oh, no. Sorry. Never heard of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But I thought that SeaMonkey did absolutely everything and was perfect and never had any problems?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reset your preferences and update to 1.1.18.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I can't get a straight answer I will just abandon the thread and do without. Its not that big a deal anyway. GreaseMonkey is not availble for SeaMonkey 1.1.x series And I can read the forum just as well its original size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PjonesCET wrote:

GreaseMonkey is not availble for SeaMonkey

Dave likes monkeys!

<TaDa>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I see I ca not get Straight anwser. I'll just abandon this thread and leave as unanswered.

Its not that big a deal.  If I could figure what components from 1.1.16 to move into 1.1.17, would. Then I would save myself the directions for the future.

The only reason I stick  the one series is becase of the SkyPilot Class Theme  doesn't work on version two yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

find your chrome folder. don't know how it would go on a mac, but on a windows system it's something like:

C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\du66l5gw.default\chrome

from there open the file:userContent.css

with straight ascii text editor (no fancy formatting! MUST be clean text only!)

add the following:

#jive-wrapper {

width:100% !important;

background-color: #ffffff !important;

background-image: none !important;

}

if that doesn't work, i'm out of ideas except to say switch to standard firefox.

dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you'll need to save the file and restart the browser to see the changes...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm going to have to show 3 illustrations and i'll do it in 3 separate  replies First show content of Profile Chrome folder  I deleberately smudged the .Finderpicture002.jpgslt name

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Part 2TextEditpicture001.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Part 3

Okay which item item. You'll note there is a stylish item there but SM 1.1.17 doesn't recognize it. I could post a screenshot of what's in it if you need it.

OSX.4.11 is based on FreeBSD UNIX.

TextEditpicture002.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave I just used TextEdit to create file you named and saved it in Chrome.  Then restarted.

When you answer this question. I will mark both answered and Helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it'll only have an affect the div related style called "jive-wrapper"

i suppose it will might effect any other jive powered sites you visit - if any - that use that css tag...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has the same problem with the Adobeforum width that FireFox does.  It perfect, for way I use the internet. I don't need 2, 3 application to do what I need, when one can do just as good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Phillip,

Sorry, I can't help you with the problem. I just want to say I've been using Seamonkey as my main browser (don't install the other components) since it was released years ago (V1.0 released January 30, 2006).

Imo it's the best browser out there. It's simple and very similar to the original Netscape browser, but with the Firefox engine. Everyone I've ever shown it to loves it too. It's obviously not well known. But it's an excellent 'Open Source' browser from http://www.mozilla.org/ , the same folks who make Firefox and Thunderbird.

Russell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

russell, i still run THE netscape communicator 4.8, occasionally...

Netscape® Communicator 4.8 [20020722]

Copyright © 1994-2002 Netscape Communications Corporation, All rights reserved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

russell, i still run THE netscape communicator 4.8, occasionally...

The only reason I stopped using Netscape was because of security issues. Seamonkey just picked up where Netscape ended for those like me who really liked Netscape and didn't want to let go.

Russell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only reason I stopped using Netscape was because of security issues.

ya, but now with everyone targeting the new stuff and much newer technology not even supported in 4.x, it seems safer sometimes... XD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jun 25, 2009 Jun 25, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd switch to SM 2 but am waiting until my favorite Skin SyPilot Classic by Sailfish is ready for it.

SM2 is based on FireFox 3 and ThunderBird three.

Thanks again now that is script is in my User Chrome folder, I don't have to worry about the stylish script having to be reinstalled or broken  every time I update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 25, 2009 Jun 25, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

no prob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines