• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Only 10 Posts Per Page Now?

LEGEND ,
Jul 11, 2012 Jul 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I swear it used to be that more than 10 posts were listed on a given page, yet now I see threads go to 2 pages with post number 10 (in other words, the OP and 1 through 9 are on the first page, 10 through 19 on the second page, etc.).

I looked through my preferences, and I don't posts per page as a configurable option anywhere (and I have no confidence I've looked in all the right places)...

Did my consciousness just change universes, or is this something that's changed? 

-Noel

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 13, 2012 Jul 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reduced number of messages per page is a real pain.  It takes more time to navigate several pages than just scroll.  Lets get back to 50, or at the very minimum 30.

Because I do not have photographic memory, I find when I am typing my answers I scroll through the message threads and frequently have to go back and re-read the Original Post and other responses.  If you are on page 3 and have to go back and look at page 1 from my test IT CAN NOT BE DONE!  You loose your reply box and have to start over.  This just is not workable!

I have said this before, and will say it again, every time there is an "improvement" there is a step backwards in convenience.  As posts above have stated this probably does not affect the visitor asking a question, but for those that spend hours a week responding to questions it is a killer of the incentive to help to Adobe customers. 

If Adobe wants to retain the unpaid Help line they should make every effort to satisfy the heavy responders first.  They need to listen to the people that take the effort to send in comments on this forum.  We still have not gained back what was lost 2 months ago on the "forum improvements".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my ignorance, I would think that these suggestions should not be too difficult to implement (I have seen them in other non-Adobe forums):

1. A box for adjusting the number of posts each user wishes to see per thread page, with just a few choices like 10-30-50-100, default at the lower number, but "sticking" after the user makes another choice.

2. Go to first and go to last buttons in the appropriate places, coupled with Back buttons that really take one back to where one was.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio,

I am in agreement with you, on both of those points.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bill Hunt wrote:

Claudio,

I am in agreement with you, on both of those points.

Hunt

Bill, tonight I'll make a special toast for this...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio,

If you're talking Santa Rita Casa Real, then I am all in!

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since my comment was #29 probably no one reads the previous page.

Does anyone else have a problem replying on page 1 + X and then having to go back to look at question on page #1? 

For me he reply box is gone and you have to start over.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Curt Y wrote:

Since my comment was #29 probably no one reads the previous page.

I did read your post #29, and it is a problem for me as well.  The only way to do this now is to open a new browser tab, and re-read the topic separately.

It appears to me that someone is intentionally making things more difficult for the regular forum users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 14, 2012 Jul 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Curt,

I also read your post #29.

And the issue was stated in my post #14.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 11, 2012 Jul 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was 50 posts on every page, even during the time with missing post numbers. The first page had the OP and up to post #49, then post #50 to post #99, and so on.

I am afraid someone changed the universe round us, again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 12, 2012 Jul 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hah! I just came back from my preferences, to see if I was the only one with 10posts per page...

It feels like we are on a site paid by ads, where they make a page per paragraph...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right under Discussions there is a dropdown box to set the number of items per page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Curt, you seem to be talking about the box in the main page of the forum, which controls the mumber of threads listed per page. This discussion is about the number of messages shown per page in each thread, which has been changed to ten and apparently with no user operable option to change this number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In going through old screenshots from last May to check this issue, it struck me that we used to get a large number of posts per page BEFORE they finally begun numbering each post sequentially.

Just saying…

Adobe Forums_ openthread.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

station two,

The post number on each page was (reduced to) 50 ever since the days of the fair forums, long before the post numbers were lost this year.

As I mentioned in post #5, which is even longer gone than post #14 and post #29.

This thread seems to confirm our concern.

And by the way, the old escape, to tick Print Preview under Actions to the left is gone. When you ticked that, all posts in the whole thread were listed in a simplified form, across the whole width. View as PDF is also gone.

I used the Print Preview to get whole threads in a compact form for archiving of especially important threads.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jacob,

I was only attempting to poke some humor at Jive by implying that it had been only their inability to count posts that had kept them from limiting the number of posts per page.  Obviously, I failed in that attempt. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I aplogize for my being too slow in the uptake, station two.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hehehe…  I see we got a 50% improvement since this thread was started.  We're up to 15 posts per page now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 26, 2012 Jul 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that we are getting there.

50>10>15>40>50>100

Thank you very much, John, Terri, whoever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 26, 2012 Jul 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like a "good thing" to me.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 27, 2012 Jul 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, much better, though still paginated.  Thanks for the progress so far.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 28, 2012 Jul 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reason for my continuing the series was that ever since April 2012 each thread page held up to 50 posts, and in the days of the fair forums it seemed to be a matter of (fixed) page length (or something else); I still have a thread (Still no supervision) in the archive with up 139 posts on a single page as the maximum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem with these new forums is that if you have more than 10 posts per page then going back to the top of the page becomes a nightmare because there is no button to go to the top of the page.

Old forums had this button but not the new one we are currently using. 

Scrolling with the mouse is one way but I try to use mouse clicks as less as possible.  I'd rather see a button that takes me to the top quickly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't the keyboards 'Home', 'Page Up', 'Page Down' work for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 29, 2012 Jul 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Pat, they work most of the time for me. But if one is using the mouse, why should one be forced to go to the keyboard and back to achieve something that could be done without leaving the mouse if a simple Top button was added?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines