• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

OP Date in Main Page of Fora

LEGEND ,
Dec 20, 2009 Dec 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe this is not the correct forum to post to, but I just spent some time in one of the Adobe fora, that has not seen much traffic lately. I had to open each thread to see when the posts were made.

In many fora, that I frequent, the OP date is shown in the header info on the main page, below the poster's I.D. Is something like that possible with the Jive software? It could be useful.

I hate to resurrect "zombies," but it happens, especially if one just looks at the title and then opens the thread to reply. Having the OP date would be useful.

Just thinking,

Hunt

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Hunt,

I'm not sure I'm following you. Isn't the "2 weeks ago" (or whatever) for the Last Post enough for your purposes? I don't think I have ever missed the similar data for the original post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio,

That probably will work, in lieu of the OP date in the header.

Still, many will reply to zombie posts, from years ago. I know that I have. In some other fora, there are two dates listed: the OP and the last Reply.

Thanks,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oops, it seems that my alter-ego has reared his ugly head here.

Oh well, I second his comments.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SeaMonkeypicture003.png

Doesn't the above work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phillip,

Yes, once one opens the thread. What I was talking about was from the main forum page, for that forum. In many, the date of the OP is shown on the main page, and not just on the article page, as it is here.

Maybe I am wanting too much, and should just be satisfied by opening each thread and looking at the dates.

Still, once one has tasted the flesh of the sacred beast, they lust for more...

Thanks,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Dec 21, 2009 Dec 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the_wine_snob wrote on 12/21/2009 1:28 AM:

Maybe this is not the correct forum to post to, but I just spent some time in one of the Adobe fora, that has not seen much traffic lately. I had to open each thread to see when the posts were made.

Every forum thread shows how long ago the last post was made in the

"discussions" widget already.

In many fora, that I frequent, the OP date is shown in the header info on the main page, below the poster's I.D. Is something like that possible with the Jive software?

Yes.

That is probably not the right question though. First we get questions

such as who else finds that useful, who would object etc. Then we get to

prioritization: is this more or less important then the 404 errors, the

extra linebreaks, IE8 support etc.

I'm pretty sure that despite the answer to your question being Yes the

chance of it being implemented in the next 2 years is zero.

I hate to resurrect "zombies," but it happens, especially if one just looks at the title and then opens the thread to reply. Having the OP date would be useful.

I think the last post date is far more useful to determine whether a

thread is dead then the first post date. And with a proper timeout, 3

months or so, archiving is not such a bad idea either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 21, 2009 Dec 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Jochem,

Points well made and taken.

I guess that I am the only one, who would find this useful - a distinct minority then. Priority = 0.

Thanks everyone for the comments,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines