• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

OT: Need some help with forum account login - moderator?

New Here ,
Aug 04, 2021 Aug 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oooooops disaster day today. I lost all my browser settings as I had to clear its cache and then re-install.

All my login information has been wiped out and I can't sign in to change the forum password.

Don't Adobe provide a way of resetting the password to an account via the alternative recovery email address I provided, other than through the original default email address associated with the account, which no longer exists?

I added the alternative email address sometime ago and although Adobe sends an email to that address it says 'sign in with the email address which is no longer in use'.......humm.

So if someone in the back-room can kindly send the password to the emall address which starts:

[PII removed by moderator]

I can most probably still use the orginal email adresss to sign into the forum, even though it no longer exists

Cheers!!

Os

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

_osgood just to confirm who the hell I am. I dont know why the screen name is 'default..........' maybe it just hasnt changed yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or if that request is too much of a complicated procedure can that this new account be moved to the status of being able to 'edit' posts. I'm not bothered which to be honest.

Cheers

Os.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are not required to use your Adobe ID on the community forums.  Anybody can participate in the forums.  Many community forum users have multiple log-in IDs and passwords. 

Adobe ID is used for activation of products and services.  To change the primary e-mail associated with your Adobe account, log-in below and enter a new working e-mail address and set-up 2-step verification.

https://account.adobe.com/profile

https://account.adobe.com/security

If you need further help, CONTACT ADOBE SUPPORT:
================
Online Chat: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
Phone M-F, during normal business hours: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Moderator moved from Dreamweaver to Using the Community (forums).]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Moderator moved from Dreamweaver to Using the Community (forums).]

By @Nancy OShea

Oh ok, well maybe if it gets seen someone might be able to help, give me an email address I can contact someone on. When this happened a couple of years back someone fixed it pretty quickly.

To answer your previous post:

The primary sign in email for _osgood was one I used years back when I had an aol.com account which has since ceased to exist and I never updated the information to the current email I'm using for forums now, although at one point I added that as a recovery email to the aol.com account. I rather thought if I couldn't sign-in and change the password via the orginal email address the recovery email was a back-up to do so BUT it's no good - Adobe just send an email saying 'use the orignal email account to sign in', that's just a bit stupid and why you have a recovery email, surely.

The url /profile is no good - that just now takes me to this new account, not the 'primary' old one and it wasnt any good when it took me to the old one because I couldn't sign-in as the email didn't exist, which is why at some point Adobe had an option to add a recovery email account, which I did, BUT that isnt any good as the only message that is delivered when you get an email from Adobe to the recovery email address is 'sign in with the primary email account' - lol

Its not often, well never actually, that I need to sign into this forum, once its set up you get automatic access to it until something happens like your browser becomes corrupt and you have to delete it and re-install it, then obviously you loose all your settings!

I wont hang my hat on it, lol - whatever will be will be!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK.  I see you got it all sorted.  Glad you're back. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines