• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Page refresh opens a different area of the forum!

Apr 25, 2009 Apr 25, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, this is very goofy.  I generally have 3 tabs open for these forums.  I refreshed the photography forum tab and it loaded up the forum comments page!  I thought it was just me not paying attention and accidently loading up a different page, but it's happened a number of times before and today I saw it happen!

Interestingly, I was going to say there isn't any rhyme or reason to it, but most times it's the photograhy forum tab that is refreshing to one of the other tabs: one time I recall it was the Lounge that loaded up and this time it's forum comments ...

anyone else experiencing this strange behavior??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User

usually it happens around when i'm logged out. i'll log in, and hit reload on all the forum tabs i have open, go back to the lounge one, and it'll be FCA, or come to FCA and it'll be photoshop. ya, very weird stuff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hasn't happened to me in the same situation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

greenjumpyone wrote:

Okay, this is very goofy.  I generally have 3 tabs open for these forums.  I refreshed the photography forum tab and it loaded up the forum comments page!  I thought it was just me not paying attention and accidently loading up a different page, but it's happened a number of times before and today I saw it happen!

anyone else experiencing this strange behavior??

happens to me all the time. just another little splinter under the fingernails we have to put up with...

i never know what i'm going to get on a reload, forum comments, ps lounge or ps win. <TonyShrug>

edit: FF3.09, (also .0,8) the 3 forums i mentioned opened in 3 diff tabs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dave,

interesting!  I am running FF 3.0.9 as well - wonder if there is some correlation?

I'm glad to know that I am not the only soul having to deal with this weird behavior! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

usually it happens around when i'm logged out. i'll log in, and hit reload on all the forum tabs i have open, go back to the lounge one, and it'll be FCA, or come to FCA and it'll be photoshop. ya, very weird stuff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Mac Camino 1.6.7 with 4 tabs of different UtoU forums open in a window, Usually going between This one and PS LR. Often when I, yet again, have to re-login, an i'm on the PS LR Tab. Forum Comments is the page that will show after login. I just back page a couple and reload!. Still quite anoying, if you don't notice. I have a feeling that is why some threads are started in the wrong Forum, like this one, because someone didn't notice and was in a hurry to post a new thread after login.

Don

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have this issue, I use NetNewsWire on the Mac as my method of browsing the forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MikeKazlow wrote:

I don't have this issue, I use NetNewsWire on the Mac as my method of browsing the forums.

whew. glad that's sorted out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NIce to know it's not browser or platform specific!  We have now covered both PC and Mac and two different browsers.

Just hope the "right" folks are listening ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SeaMonkey (mozilla product) Doesn't have this problem

What happens with me and this unique email notifications system. I use the find box and type in a key word. It shows all items with that key word in chronological order of the codes on the end . End up not necessarily being at end of thread. It could be at the beginning somewhere in the middle, or at end.

On the old WebX system all threaded items were naturally according to title. and regardless of which you clicked on it always wen to the last post in that thread. So you click a thread read and read either first or last and go to same section of thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SeaMonkey (mozilla product) Doesn't have this problem

what a bucket surprise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 26, 2009 Apr 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got logged off the forum.... while I was actively surfing it. 

I had the page refresh issue happen again.  I went to the Lounge page, clicked the login, typed user id and password and the page that it refreshed to was the FCA, NOT the lounge.

This should NOT be happening!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't worry – it's all part of "Unified Branding".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

oh I get it, you are supposed to only be IN one area of the forum ... <head thunk>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines