• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Please add "Search this Forum" to the forum pages

Community Expert ,
Nov 02, 2010 Nov 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add "Search this Forum" to the forum pages !

It is a hassle that the search always searches all forums.

Having to drilling down the very long forum list in the advanced search to find the correct forum to limit is a hassle as well - and I don't get the logic of the sort order btw.

Thanks

McL

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

There are a number of volunteer forum moderators. Each having their own responsibility for different forums. I'm a volunteer moderator for RoboHelp and Captivate forums along with some others. In our forums we have added this feature several months ago. What you need to do is post a message in the forums where you see this feature lacking. Then the moderator of those forums will be alerted to the fact this feature should be added.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick,

That function has been added to the Premiere fora, in the manner that you indicate.

While not as good as the old Search, IMHO, it is a major improvement.

Now, if we could only get the Attach File function back, in all fora... well, guess that we cannot have everything, especially as evil-doers lurk these halls.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed I pray for the day that evildoers are awarded their comeuppance!

Karma is a sweet and beautiful lady... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this function can be added by willing moderators to single forums, t

o this ignorant in these matters it is difficult to un

derstand why it cannot be implemented thoughout all these forums... But then I also fail to see why these annoying line breaks cannot be eliminated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cladio, there is a significant bit of effort involved in creating the search these forums or search only this forum type of search. One has to determine the exact identification number(s) of the forum(s) to be included in the search. Then each of the forum categories has to be customized by adding a special area to house the search. I recall spending a good two or three hours working with this to customize the forums I assist with.

In other words, it is a customization of the manner in which the forums work. It doesn't appear to be something the folks at Jive include as a standard functionality. We are fortunate that one of the other moderators sorted how to make it work, then shared the technique with the rest of us.

So while it may appear to be something stoopid simple to do, it's not.

For what it's worth, the line breaks annoy the snot out of me too. I've simply learned to use the backspace key. A LOT. And I don't see any value in complaining about something that obviously can't be fixed.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 03, 2010 Nov 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, Rick, but I cannot understand the existence of bugs that "obviously can't be fixed" and that I don't see in other sites. If any such bug affects these forums only, it is impossible for me to consider this as normal and impossible to fix, and so get used to add it to the number of workarounds that we have to live with. Especially when we are nearing the two years since the implementation of this new version designed to give us many advantages and correct suppossed defects of the previous ones, with very few if any noticeable major corrections of the many bugs that have and are being reported. And when this thread has had no new post in a full year:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/433723?tstart=0

Addition: Sorry, I hadn't noticed the discrepancy in dates here, which may make me look I'm exagerantig by one day and give grounds to deviate the discussion:

Sin título.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My reason for stating that the issue obviously cannot be fixed is because don't you think if it were a simple fix it would have been done already? I mean really. Adobe has many folks that have the sole responsibility of maintaining the forums. If it were something easy to correct, it would have been done long ago.

I'm just basing that on simple logic and common sense.

Why is there always such an additude of negativity and conspiracy in this forum? I don't see that in any of the other Adobe forums I participate in.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pardon me but, to the ears of this non native English speaker, there

is a world of difference between something that "obviou

sly can't be fixed" and something that maybe isn't "easy to correct", but apparently in English both expressions mean the same. My apologies for the misunderstanding.

One futher question: should I take your words to mean that we cannot expect anything not having a simple fix to be ever corrected? Two years is a very long time in the computing world, and I would dare to say that a piece of software with bugs that cannot be corrected (or are not easy to fix and therefore remain unfixed) in a very long time is not a very good piece of software. It is of course your privilege to consider these thoughts as part of a conspiracy, buy these are just my own personal thoughts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Claudio,

Pardon me but, to the ears of this non native English speaker, there

is a world of difference between something that "obviou

sly can't be fixed" and something that maybe isn't "easy to correct",

There is indeed a world of difference between the two, but an absence of obligingness may veil the abyss between them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captiv8r wrote:

Why is there always such an additude of negativity and conspiracy in this forum? I don't see that in any of the other Adobe forums I participate in.

Because not only was the change to jive a retrograde step in usability but also it has got steadily worse since the changeover.

It's hard to be positive when the best brains that Adobe can muster can't fix things.

Obviously being stuck in Version 2.5 doesn't help when the jive developers are up to Version 4.5!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

McL, and others,

As you can see from posts #10+15+16 in this thread,

http://forums.adobe.com/message/2753427

John started a rollout in different forums and added new ones upon request, and Illustrator was included then and there.

We have no (permanent) forum host there, and the same may apply to other forums, so asking here for it in specific forums or for a continuation/resumption of the general rollout might be the only way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines