• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Please fix the Adobe Forums. These forums load unreliably [2019]

Participant ,
Jul 30, 2019 Jul 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Half the time I try to access these Forums, it completely fails. It times out, or just spins on a blank screen.

Other times, it comes up VERRRRYYYYY slowly. It seems like the styles or the javascript takes an AGE to load.

Adobe makes hundreds of millions of dollars off us.

The least they could do is throw a bit more resources at these forums. Especailly since these are peer to peer forums, and cost Adobe nothing except server space and time.

These forums need to be seriously improved if we are to use them

Most of the time now when I come across a link that points at the Adobe Forums, I look for ANY OTHER link I can find that does not involve the forums, because it will be faster and more reliable to get to.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is aware of problems with the fora and users are discussing this with Adobe. The forum software is programmed by a third party and it seems that Adobe hit some limits of the software making it sometimes unresponsive. As far as I know, Adobe is working on the problem.

In the meantime there are some things that can be fixed on the user's side:

• some browsers have more problems than others with the fora
  • some add-ons are known to block some of the forum activity
  • clearing cache and cookies from time to time may help to get a more responsive environment.
ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some browsers? Can we be thrown a clue as to which are more or less reliable?

Some add ons? Again, any suggestions as to which may cause problems?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am glad to be pointed at a thread that gives this information.

I just couldn't find anything obvious

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Chrome at work, Firefox at home,  Chrome seems to be privileged at my work place. I didn't really investigate this as it is not on my priority list.

Add-ons: you need to find out as there are so much add-ons available and the combination of one with the other may make the difference. Start without add-ons and see if the problem persists. If yes, you need to change the browser. If not, enable add-on by add-on. As the problems is sometimes intermittent and some problems are really caused by user load or different other factors unknown to me, this will be a long road to go. Sorry for not being more precise.

From time to time, posting takes an eternity. I most often copy the content of my box, cancel, Comment again and paste my copied content and post again. Works quite good for this type of problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 31, 2019 Jul 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Microsoft Edge - despite people saying how bad it is. I actually haven't had a problem with the forums using Edge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 01, 2019 Aug 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ricky336  wrote

I use Microsoft Edge - despite people saying how bad it is.

Edge is quite good...but Microsoft burned its reputation with internet explorer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 31, 2019 Jul 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I'm new, doing this as a test to see if my username shows rather than my first and last name

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We see your screen name, you see your full name:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay thanks for the help.  The only question I have now is how long would my avatar be on pending status? I like my avatar the same as my profile picture (i mentioned this in my own thread as well)? Thanks for the help!

- Sno

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You were answered in Issues with updating mini bio, and setting my username as my name instead of first and last name

Please do not ask the same question in two places

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John,

I'm new to the forums and I did mention that i mentioned this in my own thread as well. Give me a chance to get acquainted here.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again,

That‘s why John told you not to post the same on different places. We all started once upon a time... But please let the different thread stay on topic.

Thanks.

PS I still love your screen name...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Abambo.   You can go ahead and delete my comments that are unrelated to the topic here so it can stay on topic.

Look forward to working with you in the future,

- Sno Erika Carnevali

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines