• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Possible to merge an old Adobe CC forum account with a new Adobe CC account?

Advocate ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to merge an old Adobe CC forum account with my new account (mainly for use on this forum)?

Long story short: I worked at an agency for many years, that had us all on a company Adobe CC plan, so I posted in this forum for many years using that Adobe account (using my agency email account).

Then, when I left that company, I signed up for my own Adobe CC account (with my personal email), and have recently been using that new account here in the forums (I've only posted a few times with my new account).  Is it possible to transfer all of my forum data from my old CC account to my new CC account, or somehow connect the 2 accounts for forum use? It's a bummer that I'm starting from scratch with my new CC account on the forums, since I have so many posts under my old account.

Or would it be as simple as changing the "primary" email for my old account, to match my new CC email? Note that I no longer have access to the "primary" email for my old CC account, though I do have access to my "secondary" email for my old CC account.

Thanks!

* Edit, after a bit more research, looks like I may just need to contact Adobe customer care and ask the agent to combine my accounts.

Log-in below and click the chat bot icon (lower right)

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Per this thread: https://community.adobe.com/t5/account-payment-plan/self-inflicted-problem-with-my-cc-account/td-p/1...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Hi Tim, chat support won't be able to touch your community account, just your actual Adobe ID. Having said that, the community is connected to the Adobe ID, so maybe merging them by that route would indeed fix this.
If that doesn't work, know that this platform doesn't offer the option to merge community accounts together. The only option we have is to delete accounts, switch SSO IDs or edit usernames.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tim, chat support won't be able to touch your community account, just your actual Adobe ID. Having said that, the community is connected to the Adobe ID, so maybe merging them by that route would indeed fix this.
If that doesn't work, know that this platform doesn't offer the option to merge community accounts together. The only option we have is to delete accounts, switch SSO IDs or edit usernames.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this info, Silvia! I've only posted to the forum 3 times with my new account, so I wouldn't mind deleting my new forum account, and connecting my new Adobe ID to my old forum account. Do you think that would be possible?

And is that something I should contact chat support about, or is there another support option that might be able to help me out with this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, chat support cannot help, and there is NO formal support for forum use. Any kind of non-routine forum administration seems to be very difficult and time consuming. I very much doubt you can do anything, to be honest. Posting here is your only option, but isn't much of an option. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply, and perspective. I plan on reaching out to chat support tomorrow in the slim chance that they can help. I'll keep this thread updated, either way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: my problem has been solved, and I am a happy camper! TLDR: Adobe chat support wasn't able to merge my 2 CC accounts, but they were able to help me achieve a satisfactory resolution to my issue.

Here's what went down: I contacted Adobe chat support (https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html), and the first person that "helped" me was zero help. The person literally glossed over my request, and ended our chat with a "no that's not possible", and then they closed our chat without even a "goodbye". The second person that helped me, on the other hand, was extremely knowledgable and very helpful. 

While the second chat person wasn't able to merge my 2 accounts, they did help me with cancelling my newer personal account, and placing a new CC order on my older company account (carrying over my existing, discounted plan price), as well as changing my older company account to a regular personal account. This is totally satisfactory to me, as I've only posted to the forums 3 times with my newer personal account ... I really wanted to keep all of my old forum posts, and use the same account for all things CC. And now I'm able to do that, so I'm happy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to hear fixing your accounts at the subscription level also affected your community ones. Thanks for the update!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines