Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Posted as Assumed Answered

Nov 30, 2011 Nov 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have noticed a few posts that start off with Assumed Answered in the original post.  Don't know if the person checked the box by mistake, or a glitch in Jive.

Anyone else notice this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assumed Answered is usually set by a forum host or administrator. Can you give links to threads that have this set with no replies?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a post from  this morning.  When I looked at it it was labeled Assumed Answered.  http://forums.adobe.com/thread/930927?tstart=0

I then posted a reply and the OP gave  correct answer mark, and the line changed to Answered.  So this post may not work for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 01, 2011 Dec 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Curt,

I saw two threads, with that "Assumed Answered" notation today. Both were older, and in the Premiere Elements forum. Both had two "Helpful Answers." Unfortunately, I did not make note of the threads, but that "Assumed Answered" notation caught my eye. I was trying to catch up on that forum, after having been gone for a week, and might, or might not, be able to locate them now, since I was reading, and answering about 100 other threads. If I do find them, I will post links.

Hunt, keeping is eyes out for Assumed Answered threads now...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 01, 2011 Dec 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like the person who created a thread can mark it as Assumed Answered. They can even do this if there have not yet been any replies (going to ask Jive if that is as designed or a bug). Admins can also mark a thread as assumed answered (that’s been around since the Jive forums launched). What is new now is that Admins can also mark a specific reply as the answer or helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 06, 2011 Dec 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe-Admin,

Thank you for the input.

That marking could well have been around for a bit, and I just never noticed it, until about the time that CurtY posted of it - had just observed it for MY first time, almost simultaneously.

Never did find the two threads, where I saw it, but your explanation makes perfect sense - at least to me.

Appreciated, as I learn something new every day!

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 07, 2011 Dec 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't started a thread in a long while so just noticed yesterday that I can mark my own answers as "correct answer" as well.

Although it doesn't give any points for itwhich I guess is a good thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is correct, but it does not award yourself points

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, if it DID award points, I'd have a bunch...

Over the last few months, I have seen several threads in various product forums, where the OP did list one of their own replies as Correct Answer. In each case, those have seemed appropriate, as the user/poster has found the answer, though "hints" might well have contributed to their success. In those cases, it appears that the "system" is working fine, as a new reader will then see what worked for the originally posted problem.

Just my observations and thoughts,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines