• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Posting From IE11 in Windows 8.1

LEGEND ,
Aug 27, 2013 Aug 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've put up a couple of test systems on the Windows 8.1 Preview, both Pro and Enterprise editions.

Just testing to see how the forum interacts with Internet Explorer 11.  So far so good - I have been able to log in and see things looking pretty much right.

IE11About.png

Something I'm curious about is whether "quoted" strings are handled properly, because we have seen the double quote character changed to what looks like an HTML escape sequence by the forum software when IE10 under Windows 8 is used to access the forum.

So here goes.

"Quoted text"

If the above comes out with double-quote characters at the ends, that will be happy news.

Also, in typing this, I noticed that the forum software thinks I'm leaving the page every time I press a control - e.g., the Bold, "Insert Image", or font size controls, and puts this up:

Leaving.png

-Noel

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 02, 2013 Nov 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I've run out of things that I normally configure, I'm posting this from my fully configured Windows 8.1 system to see if maybe the Adobe folks have fixed something coincidentally.

• "Quoted" text.
  • Bolded text.

Notably I didn't see a pop-up (this is the very same system with which I created post 16 above.  Something's obviously been fixed...  With luck the "quoted" text will be properly shown too.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, something's clearly not quite right yet, and it looks as though it may be on my end.  I'm going to do a complete reset of my IE11 settings and see if I can get rid of the "quoted" text problem.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reset Advanced browser settings to default, and cleared all temporary internet files, including cookies.

• "Quoted" text.
  • Bolded text.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pressed the "Reset Internet Explorer Settings" button.

• "Quoted" text.
  • Bolded text.

No pop-up when bolding the text or bulleting the lines.  That's still fixed.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hooray, now "quoted" strings are fixed as well.  Of course, I need to install my several 3rd party IE augments again.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All security settings re-made, all 3rd party augments in place.

• "Quoted" text.
  • Bolded text.

Fingers crossed that this will be all good...

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FINALLY!

A big thank you to the Adobe people who have recently fixed the pop-up problem, and for whatever's they've done that makes it unnecessary to log in every single time (let's hope that sticks).

No thanks to Microsoft's programmers for creating a browser with some internal, secret setting that can break "quote" handling only on Adobe's forum site, and that can only be corrected by nothing shy of a "revert all settings to defaults" operation.

There's an hour of my life I would have been happy to have for something else.  At least it's over.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Someone was finally been kicked in tha Backside and did something.

Still say that  the Forum and Adobe.com should have two separate User Names and passwords and be on separate sign in servers.  It seems the Forum is always falling down and having issues while Adobe.com rarely sign in problems. (They have bigger problems but not with sign in).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 07, 2013 Nov 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried IE11 on Windows 7 yet? IE11 for Windows 7 was released

yesterday/today (depending on your timezone).

<http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/download-ie-MCM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 09, 2013 Nov 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying it now.

• &quot;Quoted text&quot;
  • Bolded text.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sigh.  I guess I'll have to go through the reset with every IE11 I upgrade.

Just so it's clear, this was an upgrade of an existing IE10 installation on Windows 7.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All settings reset, preferred settings chosen, customizations remade...

• &quot;Quoted&quot; text.
  • Bolded text

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not good.  The thing that fixes it for IE11 on Win 8.1 does not fix it for IE11 on Win 7.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying again after a reboot...

• Bolded text.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After deleting all temporary files...

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After another full reset of IE11...

• "Quoted" text.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After re-enabling Add-ons I use...

• "Quoted" text.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tightening security settings...

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After re-enabling &quot;Binary and Script Behaviors&quot;..

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After re-enabling &quot;Allow Scripting of Web Browser Control&quot;...

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After adding "adobe.com" to the Trusted Sites zone...

• "Quoted" text.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Knowing what I've learned from the above, I upgraded my main Windows 7 workstation to IE11, and added adobe.com to the "Trusted Sites" list.

The real issue is this:  When the browser update occurs, the [  ] Require server verification (https:) for all sites in this zone setting gets re-checked.  That essentially negated the fact that adobe.com was in there.

• "Quoted" text.

It would appear Adobe requires quite a few of the permissive features to be enabled before properly recognizing IE11.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 13, 2013 Nov 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Installed Windows 8.1 on my main workstation.

Now that I understand what has to be set...

• Bolded text.
  • "Quoted" text.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 26, 2013 Oct 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Noel Carboni wrote:

It's impossible to imagine that Adobe doesn't care about the public face of their company here, or what the people who provide their customers support have to deal with.

Unfortunately, experience in these forums seems to indicate that it's not only possible, but actually happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines