• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Posts show up in email but not on web?

LEGEND ,
May 10, 2011 May 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the thread http://forums.adobe.com/thread/740631 (TIFF vs PSD CS5) in the InDesign forum, I've received several posts in email today that do not appear in the web interface. The latest post in the web interface is:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/3668725 (12:40pm Pacific, RobertoBlake)

According to the emails, from the thread, there have been five subsequent posts, beginning with

http://forums.adobe.com/message/3668797 (12:53pm Pacific, macinbytes)

and ending with

http://forums.adobe.com/message/3669007 (2:02pm Pacific, RobertoBlake)

I can only assume there is some kind of database corruption? All times above are the email timestamps. In the case of the first one,

the web timestamp is acftually 12:39pm Pacific, I guess they don't match 1:1 at all times.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 13, 2011 May 13, 2011

From Jive for John and Jochem:

Many thanks to your user, that's great data - I found that node 10.137.24.43 (42p) had dropped out of the cluster and disabled clustering. It's likely any posts made from this node wouldn't make it to the caches of the other nodes, which would explain why the caches were getting out of sync. I've resolved that, the node has rejoined the cluster and I've cleared the caches again to sync them back up. At this point the caches shouldn't be getting out of sync anymore;

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 12, 2011 May 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, that's quite helpful. So, the current set are:

Header 1Header 2
SGAURWA41P706251018.22555.0000
SGAURWA43P739805450.22555.0000
SGAURWA44P756582666.22555.0000

So unsurprisingly the IP shows up in what used to be 42P.

The corruption has extended to this thread, btw.

41P, 43P, and 44P have 29 replies in this thread.

10.137.24.43 has 15 replies.

So it seems for some threads, you need to be on 24.43 in order to see them. For others, you need to not be. What a mess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Out of mild curiosity I went looking through my cookies.  Apparently none of the above directly applies to Windows?

The only Cookies I have that seem related to Adobe have adobe in their names, and none seem to have any of the information being listed here.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What browser are you using?

The cookies are associated with "forums.adobe.com", not with ".adobe.com", so you might not see them if you looked for the latter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IE9.

I count 11 cookies in C:\Users\NoelC\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies with names of the form noelc@forums.adobe.txt and most of them start with the line jive.recentHistory.55816 inside, but none seem to contain the info you're showing above.

They do have varying amounts of hex information.  Perhaps they're encoded in a way that I need a viewer other than a text editor to see?  The base information is text, certainly.

Notably none have been modified for several months.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't use IE, but there are cookies that only last for the session, and there are cookies that persist between sessions. Generally the non-persistent cookies are not storied in files, only in RAM, and they are the type of cookies we are referring to.

Poking around inside internal application files is not usually the right way to discover this kind of stuff...

Google suggests you should have forums.adobe.com open in the active tab, hit F12 to get the Developer Tools (or Tools > Developer Tools). Then Cache > View Cookie Information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John Hawkinson wrote:

Google suggests you should have forums.adobe.com open in the active tab, hit F12 to get the Developer Tools (or Tools > Developer Tools). Then Cache > View Cookie Information.

Thanks.  I actually looked at that once before.

Unfortunately, Cache - View Cookie Information doesn't seem to open any new windows nor display anything new that I can see.  Nor does a checkmark appear next to it.  And yes, I'm fully privileged.

The Developer Tools section of IE9 is incredibly deep and complex, and I've already gotten a lot of great info through it.  I'm sure I'll be getting more familiar with it as time goes on.  If I discover how to view more cookie information I'll be sure and report back.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Allegedly it opens a new instance of IE with the results. This is really not the right forum. If you're really curious, use Firefox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No thanks.  I'll stick with IE9.

Perhaps it fails to view the cookie because I choose not to use Tabbed browsing.  I realize I'm swimming against the current with that choice...  Yes, that was it.  After reconfiguring that choice (temporarily) I can see the cookies now in a second tab.  This one seems to be pertinent to the discussion.  Thanks for helping me learn how to see it.

NAME

BIGipServerPool_53_ENT2
VALUE739805450.22555.0000
DOMAINadobe.com
PATH/
EXPIRESAt the end of the Session

Oh, and frankly I don't see a problem with discussing browser-specific cookie access in a thread in which cookies are being actively discussed. 

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 13, 2011 May 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From Jive for John and Jochem:

Many thanks to your user, that's great data - I found that node 10.137.24.43 (42p) had dropped out of the cluster and disabled clustering. It's likely any posts made from this node wouldn't make it to the caches of the other nodes, which would explain why the caches were getting out of sync. I've resolved that, the node has rejoined the cluster and I've cleared the caches again to sync them back up. At this point the caches shouldn't be getting out of sync anymore; let's keep an eye on it for a few days, but I'm thinking this was the root of the problem. Please let me know if you continue to see this.

If you still see issues let me know.

Thanks!

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 13, 2011 May 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Awesome, it looks good for my test cases!

In another universe we'd ask why there wasn't monitoring for this case [maybe JVD has some secret stuff going he can use], but in this world let's not look a gift horse in the mouth.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found another THREAD, similar to what you encountered (without the e-mails in my case). It was listed as (Updated) and with 20 Replies, but only shows 16, which was the last that I had seen.

Yeah, something is afoot.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My original thread started working again but now THIS THREAD

is broken! I see only my original post in the web interface,

but I looked at the web interface earlier today and saw all of

Hunt's.

Plus the header reads

2 Replies Last post: May 10, 2011 6:04 PM by adobe-admin

I worry there's serious db corruption.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

test of web interface. just sent email reply. nothing visible except post #1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And now it's back! And I see John (adobe-admin)'s reply. I'd forgotten this was a distributed database that could get out of sync. That's actually much more comforting. Quorum issues, etc. Yay.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
May 11, 2011 May 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just saw suh happening Ther were two answers to a thread about CS.5.5  but clicking on the thread showed only the original posters question not by Wilcox and Carboni. I was going to ask a question about CS5.5 upgrade.  But since only the original post was showing Figured my question would go to Vulcan or Romulus or Cradasia  like the others did.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines