• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Question about merging accounts Directed to John C.

Mentor ,
Apr 30, 2009 Apr 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John,

I would like to pose a problem I have:

I joined the webx Forums as pjonesCET under my email address (starts as pjones1@) and my name Phillip Jones.

My Adobe Store Account is PjonesCET, with the same Name.

Before the webX system died I changed my USER ID to PjonesCET with the same name.

If I sign in under my email address now. It comes up Properly as PjonesCET /Phillip Jones

However; If I sign in under ther USER ID PjonesCET It shows up as:

Pjones, CET/ name is PHILLIP JONES

This was the Use rname I had when I joined the Macromedia Newsgroups Related to Studio8/DreamWeaver.

Is there any possible way that both these can be merged under the PjonesCET ID I now user and do away the other. I don't care whether the post count I had with the other account carries over or not.

I just want to use my USER ID PjonesCET and be signed in as PjonesCET as I currently am.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

What happens if you temporarily change the setting to not show your real name? Then it should say PjonesCET. Isn't that what you are asking for?

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No way that I'm aware of to merge them. The names come from your Adobe.com membership, they are not part of the forum. If you change your name in your Adobe membership it will change in the forums the next time you log in.,

Have you tried changing the names (outside of the Forums)?

Log in with the account that has PjonesCET as the screen name (that you don't want to use in the Forums) and change that name to something else (PjonesCET-2 or something like that).

Log in with the account that you want to use in the forums and have say PjonesCET and change the screen name from Philip Jones to PjonesCET.

Go back to the first account and change the name to Phillip Jones or anything you want that is available (or keep the PjonesCET-2).

Keep using the second account for the forums that now says PjonesCET.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It also looks like you have selected to show your real name instead of your screen name (PjonesCET) in the forum.

Go to Edit Profile (select Prfile under Your Stuff, then click on Edit Profile).

What does it say for Screen Name there?

Which radio button is selected under your name (show or hide)?

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John Cornicello wrote:

It also looks like you have selected to show your real name instead of your screen name (PjonesCET) in the forum.

Go to Edit Profile (select Prfile under Your Stuff, then click on Edit Profile).

What does it say for Screen Name there?

Which radio button is selected under your name (show or hide)?

John

As for showing  my Real Name. I did that on purpose.

I was afraid you would answer that way.

Yes I've tried and it won't let be change it to the same ID. comes up this ID has already been used.

So I guess I am doomed to having to sign in using my email address.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now I am signed in under my alter ego.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you temporarily change the setting to not show your real name? Then it should say PjonesCET. Isn't that what you are asking for?

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Now I am am back in as what I want to be.

If you noticed my real name shows as PHILLIP JONES in the other account.

Its not that important it just means in order for me to use the correct account I will always have to sign in with my email address.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines