• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Question answered?

Advocate ,
Jul 23, 2009 Jul 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just noticed not many questions being marked 'answered' in the ID forum so I counted - only 8 out of the first 60. Not sure if a similar situation applies in other forums (I'm not quite sad enough to count them all), but I just wonder if people don't understand the system, don't like it, or aren't getting decent answers.

Anyone notice anything similar?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kath-H wrote:

I've just noticed not many questions being marked 'answered' in the ID forum so I counted - only 8 out of the first 60. Not sure if a similar situation applies in other forums (I'm not quite sad enough to count them all), but I just wonder if people don't understand the system, don't like it, or aren't getting decent answers.

Anyone notice anything similar?

I don't mean to be smart Alicky. But where have you been, over 3/4 of the Forum Comments about Points system and the marked question answered system, this was in the first month alone.

Many feel that their should be no question system period, anywhere. Its misleading. What one may call a correct answer many say unless the answer is text book perfect and textbook quoted its not only worth it, It may actually be incorrect. Just because an answer or explaination from one person worked for him or her, doesn't mean its the proper answer.

Heck I even tried to defend the system and was made fun of and jeered for doing so. They think this is one of the things that is causing slowdowns and bugs.

As I've only asked one or two questions I've used it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kath I've noticed the same thing, and even brought it up as another reason to do away with the stupid point system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't be silly PJ, you know I've been here. But this is the first objective test of whether the system is being used - either that or all the answers are rubbish.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my observations it seems like the users are not using  "answered" and giving points for correct or helpful answers as much as they did when the forum first started.  A lot of people would say horary! 

But many OP also do not give any acknowledgement that the posts helped solve problem either.  So one never knows if the answers helped or OP never came back to site after posting the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm quite encouraged. As I understand it, the points and the 'answered' system were designed to make people try harder to answer and to answer well, and to have discussions closed, disposed of, move on - it appears this attempt at manipulation is largely failing, and people will continue to do what they want

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kath-H wrote:

I'm quite encouraged. As I understand it, the points and the 'answered' system were designed to make people try harder to answer and to answer well, and to have discussions closed, disposed of, move on - it appears this attempt at manipulation is largely failing, and people will continue to do what they want

Yes, the manipulation attempt is failing,  and people are reverting to their former behavior.  It is a travesty that we participants can not ignore this jive forum and go back to the old forum.  Then indeed every one would be happy, except the suits that got sold this piece of junk.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

?????

This post is top of the list, but I'm seeing this, as if PJ's post were the most recent:

screenshot_01.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"suits" won't admit they were wrong.

curt y wrote:

Kath-H wrote:

Yes, the manipulation attempt is failing,  and people are reverting to their former behavior.  It is a travesty that we participants can not ignore this jive forum and go back to the old forum.  Then indeed every one would be happy, except the suits that got sold this piece of junk.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 26, 2009 Jul 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Kath-H,

As I understand the "points," at some point in time (no pun here), Adobe will stop them, and see who has the most. That person (do not know about a tie) will get an all-expenses trip for lunch to the official Adobe cafeteria. In 10 mins., they can tell an Adobe "host" about all problems with any of their Adobe software...

Now, in my case, I live in Phoenix, so the airfare will not be that big a deal, but still, lunch at the official Adobe cafeteria - how could I pass that up?

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But many OP also do not give any acknowledgement that the posts helped solve problem either.

To me, this is a much larger problem, than any points. Many people use these fora to get answers to their problems, based on previous post - yes, I know, more could, if only Seach was improved... but that's something for another thread. Sometimes, these otherwise non-posters do say thank you, 'cause they found their answer in an existing thread.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 24, 2009 Jul 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Going all the way back through the Illustrator Forum, it seems that the overall average answered quotient is about 1/3, ranging from about 1/5 to 1/2, the latter being a maximum. This has been fairy constant since shortly after the fair forums, I am afraid. Possibly, we are beginning to see a faint decline, but nothing decisive yet. And even recently there have been point giving urges and complaints.

Please forgive me, Kath.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Always What for?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Being the bearer of grieving news.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just noticed not many questions being marked 'answered' in the ID forum

This is common in the Premiere fora. I think that most posters just want a quick answer, and most never see the new little icons, regarding their posts. Most do not ever bother telling the forum what worked, or did not, so later people with the same problem will come, post and reply, "hey, what was the solution?" Unfortuntely, most of us do not have a clue which of our suggestions worked, or did not, and whether the OP is editing happily, or has scrapped their Mac, or PC, and move on to another NLE.

I try to say "thanks for the followup," when they do report, but there are not many of those either.

Just observtions from a few of the fora.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines