Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"This thread is locked"

Participant ,
Oct 16, 2009 Oct 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jochem:

There was no need to take that action, and to inform the OP of the "Virtual Machine" thread that you had done so.

That was both extremely rude  and totally unnecessary because the Thread would have ended naturally — probably after the OP had thanked people for their help.

This was yet another example of why so many of us feel that you are not suited to the job of "Moderator".

What you have to learn is that you are seen by Adobe's Customers as part of "Customer Service" and acting as you did just helps to build resentment against Adobe at a time when they have every reason to be concerned about the appalling standard of their "Customer Service".

This Forum has no need for this over-bearing form of "Moderation" — a Forum HOST, with a friendly demeanor and some real knowledge of technical issues (and without a meaningless "Community Expert" badge!) might be a different matter.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 22, 2009 Oct 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PjonesCET wrote:

Saskatchewanobie wrote:

I'm glad you brought up corporate greed. It's like the Grinch that stole Christmas. As LRK says "we used to have Camaraderie" but now all we have is memories of better times. We are told by new community 'experts' to not look back, but why not? The past brings pleasant memories, more than can be said of the stagnant conditions we are forced to comply with on these forums today. It will probably take the complete collapse of the Adobe empire before someone will recognize that economic downturn can be directly attributed to corporate greed and unwillingness to listen to customers.

We want our old forums back! (If no one is there to hear this, did I really say it?)

Kenneth of Mac Factor

According to our current Moderator there is  no reason for Camaraderie on the internet. I believe it was he that said (though I may not be quoting exactly) that if he wants to talk to someone he would go to a restruant or bar. That the internet sole purpose is to get information.

It's easy to misunderstand. Not sure if you are agreeing with our Moderator or if you are simply quoting him.

My response to this quote from the Moderator is that in order to get information, there must be those who provide the information. For those aware, we have a long-term group of supporters who have contributed of their time faithfully to answer questions over the years. Ann being a major contributor. Are we to assume by such comments that camaraderie is a deterrent to these contributions? I would say camaraderie is the magic ingredient that makes contributions rewarding. After all, most of the help received in these forums in the past was offered by those who have nothing to gain, other than the pleasantries of appreciation, camaraderie, and even some friendships which have developed. No doubt, it comes with the price of disagreements and abuses at times... but where there is a human element you will always have to take one with the other.

Not sure if these negative, quenching comments, and consequent silencing of objections is by those on payroll at Adobe, or simply by those who contribute. If indeed this negative behavior is coming from those on Adobe's payroll, this is alarming, and I am dumbfounded as well as confused. Adobe is not this kind of company, or at least not the Adobe I once knew. I trust that the Adobe we all came to love and support is still alive and well, and that she will once again emerge on behalf of her faithful users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LRK 2 wrote:

It's easy to misunderstand. Not sure if you are agreeing with our Moderator or if you are simply quoting him.

Well, if  i remember right, PJ isn't far off track... the implications were on those lines and the post wasn't too long ago... Get your info and get out... don't loiter... don't gossip... etc., etc. If i'm wrong, am sure someone will correct me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure if it was a moderator who said that or just an agreement by the mods.  I believe that it was SDA who indicated that he would rather spend his time with off-line folks and would just get his info from the forums.  Grab and go and all that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whether attributed to wrong person or not. All they want is you to get in; ask or answer question, and get out ASAP. No glad your problem was fixed. or Thank yoy for the tip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phillip,

Thanks for your added comments. I see what you're saying and on the same page.

Linda

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if these negative, quenching comments, and consequent silencing of objections is by those on payroll at Adobe, or simply by those who contribute. If indeed this negative behavior is coming from those on Adobe's payroll, this is alarming, and I am dumbfounded as well as confused

I don't think that the chief offender (the person to whom this thread was originally addressed) is actually being paid by Adobe but Adobe were certainly responsible for allowing him to "Moderate" this Forum in the manner in which he has been doing.

And you are absolutely right about the "Camaraderie" aspect in Forums: it is only that which encourages people to GIVE their time to share their knowledge and to offer help to their fellow Users.

That is what we have lost; and why Adobe has lost over 90% of those people who used to help in their Forums. By their very enthusiasm for Adobe's products, and knowledge of the less obvious features, those people probably encouraged thousands of unseen "Lurkers" to purchase or upgrade their software.

It is great to see so many old friends (some who have been Forum members for nearly ten years!) stopping by in this thread — it provides just a sample of the sort of talent and friendly help that used to enrich these Forums before they were so disastrously reformatted last April

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ann Shelbourne wrote:

Not sure if these negative, quenching comments, and consequent silencing of objections is by those on payroll at Adobe, or simply by those who contribute. If indeed this negative behavior is coming from those on Adobe's payroll, this is alarming, and I am dumbfounded as well as confused

I don't think that the chief offender (the person to whom this thread was originally addressed) is actually being paid by Adobe but Adobe were certainly responsible for allowing him to "Moderate" this Forum in the manner in which he has been doing.

And you are absolutely right about the "Camaraderie" aspect in Forums: it is only that which encourages people to GIVE their time to share their knowledge and to offer help to their fellow Users.

That is what we have lost; and why Adobe has lost over 90% of those people who used to help in their Forums. By their very enthusiasm for Adobe's products, and knowledge of the less obvious features, those people probably encouraged thousands of unseen "Lurkers" to purchase or upgrade their software.

It is great to see so many old friends (some who have been Forum members for nearly ten years!) stopping by in this thread — it provides just a sample of the sort of talent and friendly help that used to enrich these Forums before they were so disastrously reformatted last April

I'm pretty sure it's been close if not more than 10 years for me. The screen name I have now is different from my original, which was lost in the change over to the new forum. It was somehow connected to one of the registrations but not sure which one. Also my original product registration was under the name of my husband's business (prior to my own), so there has been other shifting around of things since I first started participating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LRK 2 wrote:

PjonesCET wrote:

Saskatchewanobie wrote:

I'm glad you brought up corporate greed. It's like the Grinch that stole Christmas. As LRK says "we used to have Camaraderie" but now all we have is memories of better times. We are told by new community 'experts' to not look back, but why not? The past brings pleasant memories, more than can be said of the stagnant conditions we are forced to comply with on these forums today. It will probably take the complete collapse of the Adobe empire before someone will recognize that economic downturn can be directly attributed to corporate greed and unwillingness to listen to customers.

We want our old forums back! (If no one is there to hear this, did I really say it?)

Kenneth of Mac Factor

According to our current Moderator there is  no reason for Camaraderie on the internet. I believe it was he that said (though I may not be quoting exactly) that if he wants to talk to someone he would go to a restruant or bar. That the internet sole purpose is to get information.

My response to this quote from the Moderator is that in order to get information, there must be those who provide the information. For those aware, we have a long-term group of supporters who have contributed of their time faithfully to answer questions over the years. Ann being a major contributor. Are we to assume by such comments that camaraderie is a deterrent to these contributions? I would say camaraderie is the magic ingredient that makes contributions rewarding. After all, most of the help received in these forums in the past was offered by those who have nothing to gain, other than the pleasantries of appreciation, camaraderie, and even some friendships which have developed. No doubt, it comes with the price of disagreements and abuses at times... but where there is a human element you will always have to take one with the other.

Not sure if these negative, quenching comments, and consequent silencing of objections is by those on payroll at Adobe, or simply by those who contribute. If indeed this negative behavior is coming from those on Adobe's payroll, this is alarming, and I am dumbfounded as well as confused. Adobe is not this kind of company, or at least not the Adobe I once knew. I trust that the Adobe we all came to love and support is still alive and well, and that she will once again emerge on behalf of her faithful users.

No I am not agreeing with with him. the only way you can truly get anything on the internet is to give in return. Camaraderie help grease the gears makes things go soomthly. Who want's to go get help somewhere the pople would as soon stab you in the back as to help.

The only place we really have this discord other than from user that are having problem with adobe issues like the Crappy support or the refund policies, or serail number stuff, Is this Forum we are on now.

I post frequently and occassionally ask question in Acrobat Mac and for the most part veryone gets along. Sometimes I have to try or comment sveral times, sometimes I run out ideas. But this is the only forum section where you are afraid to say what's on your mind, or express an opinion. This is the only forum section where items are routinely locked or edited or censored.

Then too we gotten to the point. where almost all of use believe that Acrobat and Jive don' give a Rat's backside what we think nor when report issues  over and over they don't take that as (if its that bad we need to fix it now.

Plus when there is a new update to ClearSpace Jive it should be implimented the day its golden (all the bugs worked out) not on some preset schedule of once ever 6 months.

I don't know about Microsoft , But apple send out updates at least onc sometimes two and three times a month. From Security Fixes , to fixing bugs that are found. They don't usually wait 6 8 12 months to fix items. I expect Adobe is as large as Apple and most likely has as much or more assests to maintain with. It just reluctances to do so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 21, 2009 Oct 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Similar to a family reunion for some happy posters.

Sweet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dec9 wrote:

Sweet.

more like running into old friends at a funeral dave!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dave milbut wrote:

dec9 wrote:

Sweet.

more like running into old friends at a funeral dave!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm surprised 'grumpy grandpa' hasn't deleted everyone at the dinner table by now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's nice to see some smiles around this place! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

greenjumpyone wrote:

It's nice to see some smiles around this place! 

Kind of fun to touch base Hopper. I have missed everyone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wait til I am done eating please.

Ozzwoman9 wrote:

I'm surprised 'grumpy grandpa' hasn't deleted everyone at the dinner table by now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines