• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Random email notifications from forums I do not subscribe to, do not follow.

LEGEND ,
Jun 21, 2020 Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I subscribe, Follow 2 forums Community Help and the LrC forums.

Randomly I will get an email notification for a Newly post conversation from the Acrobat forum and sometime some of the other forums.

Can someone explain why this happens.

These are completely New posts, No replied and certainly no reply from me.

TOPICS
Bug , General Feedback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JSM,

The emails explicitly state they are from the Acrobat forum? Or is that where the thread is when you open it up?  Can you share a screenshot of one of these?

Thanks,

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was a New post in the Acrobat forum. Don't have the email anymore. when it happens again, as I suspect it will, I'll take a screen shot of it.

It is totally random. I can get 3 in 2 days then none for X amount of time then another.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good Morning Dave.

I just got one of these emails from the Acrobat forum.

Link to thread.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/adobe-acrobat-dc-for-ipad-won-t-open/m-p/11342713?page=1

I have had others since my original post on this topic but failed to report them for one reason or another.

Email header Message ID.

<1816981944.1011168.1596765357595.JavaMail.lithium@lia-app-c47-7.prod.lia.usw2.lithcloud.com>

2020-08-07 05_22_00-[Acrobat] ADOBE Acrobat DC for iPad won’t open - Inbox - Gmail Edc45 - Mozilla T.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got another random notification from the Video hardware forum.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/video-hardware/adobe-after-effect-2020-system-compatibility-report/m-...

2020-08-07 06_14_06-Inbox - Gmail Edc45 - Mozilla Thunderbird.png

Then Another from the InDesign forum.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/indesign-running-slow/m-p/11342763?page=1#M197465

2020-08-07 06_15_45-Inbox - Gmail Edc45 - Mozilla Thunderbird.png

I do not Subscribe to those forums and as you can see I have never repllied to either, any, of those conversations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They might have originally been in the Community Help forum and then were moved to the proper forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 08, 2020 Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think Peru Bob nailed it.  I would never subscribe to Community Help because almost every post has to be moved to  product forums.  Is that why you subscribed to it in the first place? 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 09, 2020 Aug 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes basically.

But I never get a notification of the post being in the Com Help forum, and I get a lot of those throughout the day and when clicking on the notification it has already been moved and NO New notification as to the new forum it was moved to.

So it may be as you and Bob state But I doubt it. This is just random glitch (like most of this place).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There's no such thing as random glitches. Everything has a cause and effect.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a time delay between the post and the notification.  It could be that it was moved before the notification was sent, and "Do not notify followers" was not checked when it was moved, thus the notification was from the forum to which it was moved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines