• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re: Waiting for forums.adobe.com...

LEGEND ,
Sep 19, 2011 Sep 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, the new software helps some, but you guys reeeeeeally need new hardware.  I'm still getting those dreaded five words "Waiting for forums.adobe.com..." on a 15/5 FiOS connection.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 12, 2011 Oct 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can identify which node you are hitting it would help. Sorry, I don't know how to do that in IE or Safari. I gave the Firefox instructions earlier in the thread.

In Chrome you can go to Preferences > Under the Hood > Privacy > All Cookies and Site Data > forums.adobe.com > jive.server.info and look for adobe-vm-wa0X where the 0X is the node name.

It sometimes helps to just open a different browser as you will often connect to a different node. Restarting the same browser will not usually jump nodes. But in Chrome you can try a new "incognito window" to see if it gets you to a different node. If you have two browsers on two nodes you can see if there is a marked difference between them.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would I necessarily be "hitting" the same node in Firefox?  I have Firefox on hand for testing web work...

This is what's in the Firefox cookie for me:  "serverName=forums.adobe.com:serverPort=80:contextPath=:localName=adobe-vm-wa05.sgvm2hosted.jiveland.com:localPort=9200:localAddr=127.0.0.1"

Just being clear, this one has been pretty consistently fast for me over the past couple of days.

Out of curiosity, is the server run from a virtual machine (noting the adobe-vm- prefix)?  I can imagine that could yield yet another whole level of inconsistency, as other VMs might be doing resource-intensive things.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Noel:

Would I necessarily be "hitting" the same node in Firefox?  I have Firefox on hand for testing web work...

You would definitely not be necessarily hitting the same node as in Firefox. If you do get the same node, it would be via random chance. Since there are only four servers (last I checked), 1/4 isn't that hard to do, of course.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps Jive runs on a couple of Blackberry? [Is the official plural of those smart-phones Blackberries (like the fruit), or Blackberrys?]

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I guess that it was inevitable. I bragged about how much quicker things were, just yesterday (10/11/2011), and then today, real lags.

Some other anomalies have been:

• Extreme lag (up to 3 mins.) to post a Reply
  • Reply editing screen disappearing, on Add Reply, but then just hanging, until I exit from that page. The Reply does not get posted, until I start the process all over again.
  • URL's not linking properly on the first try (intermittent)
  • Pages very slow to load, but not nearly so bad, as when posting a Reply

Teach me to brag...

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, maybe it is not just Jive?

Google.com is not coming up often.

FoxNews Network is having real problems with their feeds.

Replies are starting to time-out on the Adobe forums.

Experiencing this on Chrome, PC, at ~ 11:00AM PDT on 10/12/2001 for the Web-based stuff, and on my COX Cable TV feed.

Hm-m-m?

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bill, I saw a tutorial on troubleshooting Blackberry problems the other day:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuNaZmvlRNg

Seriously, sounds like you may be having local network problems.

Seems to me someone needs to invent a diagnostic app that would drill down into the nitty gritty of what's wrong between a user and a site then present the results in simple terms.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Noel,

In this case, it seems to be very wide-spread, affecting the UK, Europe, Africa, the Middle-East, and now Canada and the US, as of today.

Thanks,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 24, 2011 Oct 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since about 60 minutes there have been major waits (up to several minutes) for every forum action (e.g. displaying a topic).

Multiple times the connection timed out completely.  I also was multiple times prompted for my login credentials.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 25, 2011 Oct 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Situation here right now: 2 min 23 seconds to get into the forums using bookmark. Less than three seconds in opening this thread. 59 seconds to go to its last post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 25, 2011 Oct 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A little over 3 secs posting the above message, 1 min 32 sec to correct a typo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines