• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Receiving unsolicited email notifications

LEGEND ,
Dec 03, 2009 Dec 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I wrote here 81., this morning I started receiving what I now see are email notifications of messages posted in that thread, starting with, and including, my own message #79. Apparently, these messages are associated with my other identity, Claudio_González, which I haven't used in two weeks.

I know I haven't asked to be notified by email of anything happening in these forums, so I would be very grateful if someone could put an end to this. If this also means removing my second identity, so much the better.

Message was edited by: Claudio González

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Dec 07, 2009 Dec 07, 2009

Claudio González wrote on 12/7/2009 11:17 PM:

http://forums.adobe.com/servlet/JiveServlet/showImage/16640/cookies.JPG

Curious thing is that I deleted all Adobe related cookies early in the morning, so there seems to be a discrepancy. Unless the way the 30 years are being counted introduces an eight day shift or something.

Leap years.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 04, 2009 Dec 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jochem, I am really unable to follow all you wrote in your message, but at least it has logic behind, and might explain my problem. What worries me, however, is that I seem to be the only person affected by it. At least, and unless I have missed a post somewhere, I am the only one to have reported it in this forum, although there are probably hundreds of other participants having more than one Adobe account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like some emails are not making it to the forums. Here are a couple of messages I sent in recently:

OK. So the RMID cookie sounds like the culprit here. I've passed that along to folks who should have access to the systems.

My question is how is the RMID being set? According to the Adobe.com entry for Claudio's account #2 (yesterday), he hadn't used that account in two years. Today it shows last login as today. That is expected, as I sent him the change password info for that account.

John

and

You definitely have two accounts in the Adobe system. An older one with a name and a newer one with an email address as the ID. You used the newer account in the FuseTalk forums, starting on Aug 1, 2006.

The more I think about it, the less I think that changing the info on the account will help. But give it a try anyway.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio González wrote:

What worries me, however, is that I seem to be the only person affected by it.

I think you are. Which is one of the reasons why I consider it a low priority problem. I may occasionally point out the obvious such as the coincidence between a cookie expiring in 24 hours and your login changing after 24 hours, but this one is really up to Adobe and Jive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I hope I will be allowed to continue posting my findings in spite of this being considered a low priority problem. I find it almost incredible to be the only one affected by it, so it could happen that my observations, and the suggestions I receive, may prove useful to anyone who may later ask about the same problem. And, who knows? Perhaps my patience/persistence will finally be rewarded and someone will find the solution, or a workaround...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is it ok to show the name and type cookies associated with SM and Safari Mac in a screenshot.

Note with my Safari 4.0.4 the Cookies for some reason are dumped as soon as Safari is closed.

Would it help anyone? maybe I could email them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I didn't read carefully enough. I did manage to eliminate both automatic subscriptions, and it seems I am no longer subscribed to anything. I would however like to stop having my identity changed.

Anything else before I log out and relog using my normal identity?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Email notifications do not send you your own posts (though I wish they did so you know that your message got posted)

John,

Thank you. This is obviously a change with Jive. In the previous version of the Adobe fora, if one had e-mail notification turned on for "All Posts by Me," or similar syntax, they were first notified OF their own post, and then replies that came in.

I appreciate the correction. Sometimes, it tough to try and remember what was, and what is now.

Thanks,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just got into the forums in my Mac/Firefox, and I found that my identity had been changed after only about 12 hours since my last log in there. This doesn't fit in the previous pattern of about 24 hours.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forum servers were restarted this afternoon. That might be why things changed "out of schedule."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John Cornicello wrote:

Forum servers were restarted this afternoon. That might be why things changed "out of schedule."

Let's hope so. And thanks for letting me know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 06, 2009 Dec 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Report as of this date and time.

Late on Friday night, I switched off my Vista laptop (still logged in the forums and within the 24 hours period, both in Safari and Explorer) and did the following in my Mac. First, I removed all Adobe associated cookies in Firefox, and restarted the browser. I then went to the adobe.com site, and logged in my second account without checking the Remember Me option. Once logged, I changed my email address, screen name, and password so that there was nothing common with my first account. Finally, I signed out, and logged in my first account checking the Remember Me option, came in the forums, found that I was already logged as Claudio González, and switched off my computer.

On switching on both machines on Saturday, I was still logged in all three browsers. At the end of my 24 hours, I was simply logged out on both browsers in my laptop, with no automatic re-login, and I didn't come back into the forums before switching off. I was still logged in Firefox/Mac when I switched off.

This morning, I had also been simply logged out in Firefox, with no automatic re-login. I logged in the adobe,com site, checking the Remember Me button, opened the forums, and saw that I was already correctly logged in them. I did the same in Safari/Vista and Explorer/Vista, but in these I was not automatically logged in the forums after logging in adobe.com. I was however automatically logged in when I clicked on the Login button.

So, things have improved a lot. I only wish I could now find a way to stay logged in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found out in trying out

Safari that Safari for some reason is deep sixing cookies even if you

tick remember me. I've l

oged in, checked to see what cookies are there. then switched to another webpage and back  was still signed in.

Then quit Safari and opened again , looked at cookies and cookies are empty.

I am going over to apple forums and ask about this.

added info.  Wenet to Apple >support > Communities > logged in went to Safari.

Third question down today. Cookies Disppearing.  Support answer look for cookies.plst (I am sure is different for PC Version)  throw in Trash and empty. Open Safari log in to site.

I did as said. signed into Adobe Forums ticked remember me signed in.  Quit Safari reopen went back to adobe forums. I was signed in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help, Phillip. However, I have just experienced an unexpected variation of my problem.

As reported above, I logged in a little over 12 hours ago, in all three combinations: Firefox/Mac, Safari/Vista and Explorer/Vista (in that order). Well, I have just entered the forums in all thee, one after another, and found that I had been logged out in Firefox/Mac and Explorer/Vista, but not in Safari/Vista. Even more curious: in my Mac I appear as logged in the Store but not in the forums!!!:

Out.jpg

When I was placing the above image, I though "well, as I am still logged in the Store, if I click on the Login/Register button, i will be automatically logged in the forums". Wrong. When I clicked on the button, I was greeted by this window:

Log.jpg

(where, as usual, the Adobe ID box contained my email address, not my Adobe ID).

This seems to be getting more complicated all the time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now this is getting really weird. Went back to my Mac, came into the forums, saw that I was still logged out, got out, restarted Firefox, came back into the forums, and this time I was logged in!!!

Then I came back to my laptop, started Explorer, came into the forums, found that I wasn't logged in, clicked on the login/Register button, and was logged automatically!!!

Go figure. But if logging in is going to be this easy, I will easily survive been repeatedly logged out.

Addition: I have closed Explorer three times, finding every time on opening it that I am not logged in the forums, but have been logged in automatically on clicking the Login button. I hope this will be the same tomorrow after my 24 hours are over.

Message was edited by: Claudio González. Reason: addition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 07, 2009 Dec 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just started my two computers after the 24 hours from the last manual login expired. I found that I had been completely logged out of the forums in all three browsers: Firefox/Mac, Safari/Vista and Explorer/Vista. No automatic login of any kind. Just in case, I deleted all Adobe related cookies in the three browsers, restarted each browser and logged in checking the Remember Me button. All this was done separately in each browser; that is, I was never in the forums in more than one browser at the same time.

I'll report any change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio,

I can only report as of this time 7:45AM EST I am still logged into FF (Mac) and Still logged into Safari (Mac). As well SM (Mac).

On FF 3.5.5 (Mac) you should see:

Firefoxpicture001.png

Firefoxpicture003.png

to get to indiviual Cookies click the item highlighted (its actually a scary sounding to a newbie way of saying cookie manager)

and the following cookies Note only names and where the apply to are shown Some items have been Blacked out to prevent possiblity locating my particular account

Firefoxpicture002a.png

It appears that FF Mac Uses TCID & UID instead of AUID or AWID

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Phillip for your continued efforts to help in this issue. I am afraid however that all this acronyms talk is going a little above my head.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Somewhere in this thread or another it was AUID cookie was supposed to be set that stands for Adobe User Identifcation. I don't know whether that is for Internet Explorer.

But FireFox Mac appear to call it just UID  and there is a TCID. It appears any with ID in it are an Identification cookie.

SM (Mac uses AWID) FF Mac uses UID and TCID. I don't know the significance either.

With all the different Web Browsers I have (7 in all counting SM) what the ID cookie name is depends upon the Browser, with the common thread being ID in each. All I know is its different in ach browser. There is no one name for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still logged in Safari as of this time. Getting rid of th cookies.plist seems to have cured  the automatic Log out. I'll have to report back tommorow to let you know it it last 24 hours.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phillip, Safari/Vista is the only browser in which I have remained logged... Thanks for your help anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you also have a Mac (I was under the impression you had both) if so does Safari Mac also stay logged in. Can't help with IE. And on FF (Mac) I also had to dump all cookies associated with Adobe.com and Forums Adobe.com before it would stick more than 3-6 hours. Curious though in FF the AUID is created. In SM its named AWID.

I wonder if IE has a similar problem where there is a corrupted cookies preference file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the Adobe ID field filled in in your browser is not a function of the adobe.com sign in page (which is used by the Forums, the forums do not have their own sign in page). That is something set in your browser. At some point your browser must have asked if you wanted it to remember your name for this location.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To let you know that you are not totally alone, I am also sometimes coming in and seeing the Sign In/Register links instead of my name in the forums, but clicking on the link logs me right in without showing me the sign in page. But I have also seen the Sign In/Register and then been asked to sign in. So, still trying to work out what the real expected behavior should be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John Cornicello wrote:

To let you know that you are not totally alone, I am also sometimes coming in and seeing the Sign In/Register links instead of my name in the forums, but clicking on the link logs me right in without showing me the sign in page. But I have also seen the Sign In/Register and then been asked to sign in. So, still trying to work out what the real expected behavior should be.

Thank you John for still caring to follow this lowest priority case, apparently affecting only this one individual. Although you have not found the solution to my problem, you have contributed many valuable suggestions which have helped in making the situation much more easy to bear. At least, I am no longer automatically logged in my second account, something that started with the latest update. As I had to log in every 24 hours since the big change at the beginning of the year, this is something I can live with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John Cornicello wrote:

Having the Adobe ID field filled in in your browser is not a function of the adobe.com sign in page (which is used by the Forums, the forums do not have their own sign in page). That is something set in your browser. At some point your browser must have asked if you wanted it to remember your name for this location.

Yes, I am aware of that, and I have always checked the Remember Me button when logging in with my normal identity, so I find it perfectly normal to be remembered by pre filling my Adobe ID box. What I was pointing is that I am always prompted with my email address, which is not my Adobe ID.

Any idea of why I may have appeared as logged in the Store (Welcome Claudio González on the top row, both in the page and in the login window)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines