• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Receiving unsolicited email notifications

LEGEND ,
Dec 03, 2009 Dec 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I wrote here 81., this morning I started receiving what I now see are email notifications of messages posted in that thread, starting with, and including, my own message #79. Apparently, these messages are associated with my other identity, Claudio_González, which I haven't used in two weeks.

I know I haven't asked to be notified by email of anything happening in these forums, so I would be very grateful if someone could put an end to this. If this also means removing my second identity, so much the better.

Message was edited by: Claudio González

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Dec 07, 2009 Dec 07, 2009

Claudio González wrote on 12/7/2009 11:17 PM:

http://forums.adobe.com/servlet/JiveServlet/showImage/16640/cookies.JPG

Curious thing is that I deleted all Adobe related cookies early in the morning, so there seems to be a discrepancy. Unless the way the 30 years are being counted introduces an eight day shift or something.

Leap years.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Dec 07, 2009 Dec 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio González wrote:

Yes, I am aware of that, and I have always checked the Remember Me button when logging in with my normal identity, so I find it perfectly normal to be remembered by pre filling my Adobe ID box. What I was pointing is that I am always prompted with my email address, which is not my Adobe ID.

Any idea of why I may have appeared as logged in the Store (Welcome Claudio González on the top row, both in the page and in the login window)?

The Remember Me button on the sign in page does not prefill the field, it just lets you bypass the sign in page if the proper cookies are in place. That's where the confusion is. Something in your browser, not at Adobe is filling in your email address in that field.

As for the store login, click on the Your Account link to find out if you are really logged in or if that is some artifact from your last session. If you are really logged in you will be taken to the account info pages. If you are not really logged in you will get a log in screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John Cornicello wrote:

Something in your browser, not at Adobe is filling in your email address in that field.

Might it also be possible that the OS is keeping passwords rather then just the browser?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think that passwords come into play here. Only his ID/Name/Email is being automatically populated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John Cornicello wrote:

I don't think that passwords come into play here. Only his ID/Name/Email is being automatically populated.

Sorry... I'm being too specific and not specific enough. I should have said that, for me, in addition to browsers, XP maintains some login information, tho I'm not certain exactly which retains what. I've been wondering whether something like that might be a factor in this case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DorothyK@Adobe wrote:

Sorry... I'm being too specific and not specific enough. I should have said that, for me, in addition to browsers, XP maintains some login information, tho I'm not certain exactly which retains what. I've been wondering whether something like that might be a factor in this case.

If by XP you mean Windows XP, I'm using Vista in this computer, and Mac OS in the other. In any case, I have never asked any program to keep any login information. I prefer to enter it manually every time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Dorothy, long time no see. No, JC is right: only my Adobe ID is been populated.

And I see that you are still writing "then" instead of "than"...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio González wrote:

And I see that you are still writing "then" instead of "than"...

Frankly, my dear...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DorothyK@Adobe wrote:

Frankly, my dear...

Sorry, but I don't know how to interpret your answer. If I offended you with my lighthearted joke, I apologize sincerely, because it was absolutely not my intention to be in the least offensive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John Cornicello wrote:

The Remember Me button on the sign in page does not prefill the field, it just lets you bypass the sign in page if the proper cookies are in place. That's where the confusion is. Something in your browser, not at Adobe is filling in your email address in that field.

In all three browsers, and in two different computers with completely different OPs? I think that would be a somewhat unlikely coincidence, although it can be.

As for the store login, click on the Your Account link to find out if you are really logged in or if that is some artifact from your last session. If you are really logged in you will be taken to the account info pages. If you are not really logged in you will get a log in screen.

No, I wasn't really logged in. The second screenshot shows I was taken to the login page, but with the Welcome Claudio González on the top row. It is this bit that I found strange. Anyway, those were most probably artifacts, and I wouldn't give much thought to them, unless they repeat themselves, in which case I will report again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John Cornicello wrote on 12/7/2009 10:28 PM:

The Remember Me button on the sign in page does not prefill the field,

The Remember Me checkbox causes adobe.com to set a RMID cookie that

expires in 30 years. The Adobe ID field is prefilled based on the RMID

cookie.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not an any of my computers/browsers. It is always blank for me. Once I start typing, it will offer to autofill. But I haven't see it prefilled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jochemd wrote:

John Cornicello wrote on 12/7/2009 10:28 PM:

The Remember Me button on the sign in page does not prefill the field,

The Remember Me checkbox causes adobe.com to set a RMID cookie that

expires in 30 years. The Adobe ID field is prefilled based on the RMID

cookie.

Jochem, I'm in Safari/Vista right now, and on checking the cookies, I'm seeing this:

cookies.JPG

Curious thing is that I deleted all Adobe related cookies early in the morning, so there seems to be a discrepancy. Unless the way the 30 years are being counted introduces an eight day shift or something. And my Adobe ID is different from my email address.

Pardon this complete ignorant if I am missing something that is very obvious for those who understand these things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Curious thing is that I deleted all Adobe related cookies early in the morning, so there seems to be a discrepancy. Unless the way the 30 years are being counted introduces an eight day shift or something.

Leap years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jochemd wrote:

Leap years.

Yes, of course; I must have been thinking with my feet.

And now that I think of it, if the cookie is there and will be valid for 30 years, why am I been logged out after 24 hours?

(By the way, I clicked on the Correct Answer button instead of the Reply one, but this was only by a mistake that I understand cannot be corrected).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been logged out in Explorer/Vista after some 13 since logging in and an undetermined period of inactivity. Still logged in Safari/Vista and Firefox/Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 08, 2009 Dec 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nearly 25 hours since my last login, and I am still logged in Safari/Vista and Firefox/Mac. An unexpected and most welcome record, and I am keeping my fingers crossed.

I will now log back in Explorer/Vista, paying special attention to all the precautions. I didn't do it last night because I only continue trying for testing purposes and for completeness -this might help somebody else. I am not particularly interested in using Explorer for these forums because there are too many additional bugs affecting only this particular browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now logged o

ut in Safari/Vista, but still going in Firefox/Mac (27 hours

).

Extra linefeeds kindly provided by the software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had forgotten to check. Now that I am logged out in Safari, the AUID cookie is gone, but the RMID one is still there, and due to expire in 2039!:

Captura.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

30 hours and still going in Firefox/Mac...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was finally logged out of Firefox/Mac about one hour ago, 31 hours after my last login.

How come I am logged out of the three browsers I'm using if I have in all of them the appropriate cookies expiring the year 2039?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another strange thing going on in here. According to the list of topics, the last message posted in this thread at the time of writing this one (about 9:50 pm local time) was my previous one, posted 9 hours ago

recorte0.JPG

However, my previous message was posted at 3:42 pm local time, a little over 5 hours ago...

recorte.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you click on the "9 hours ago" link, does it take you to the last message in the thread, or to the earlier message?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, John, it's comforting to see that not everybody has gone crazy in this forum. Although prompted, I have managed to keep from being dragged into the last hostile and sterile and dogfights, but this is becoming more difficult all the time. What a pity to see these forums transformed in what they have been turned into. Why, even when I welcomed Dorothy with a lighthearted joke in this same thread, because I felt as if the old nice and friendly atmosphere was coming back, she apparently reacted as if I had attacked her, and she has not given any sign of having noticed my immediate apologies. What a pity, and what a waste.

The situation has of course changed since I posted my previous message; what I see now is this

recorte3.JPG

The time count now seems correct, and when I clicked on the "55 minutes ago" button, I was taken to your message. I cannot swear this, but I would say that when I clicked on the "9 hour ago" button, I was taken to my last message. However, my message #93 was so short that I may have been shown both; I don't know.

Addition: any idea about likely or unlikely causes for my being logged out in spite of apparently having the right cookies?

Message was edited by: Claudio González

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines