Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Representaton of Adobe.

Nov 15, 2010 Nov 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the short time I have been visiting these forums I have witnessed some distasteful attitudes toward other forum participants who come here seeking Help.

Is a patronizing attitude with sarcastic belittling remarks the normal behavior here whenever someone asks a simple question.  I'm beginning to think so!  I have seen it from both regular members as well as " Community Professional".  
Is there any forum/web-site administrators or moderators who monitor the activity within the forums. Do they even care?

I can't honestly speak for everyone, but when I come to this or any forum I look to the forum members with experience and who have been around for a while for help if I need it.  I feel any person should be able to approach the experienced person or "Community Professional" with any questions.  Any Question! with out worry of being chastised for asking the question.     
What kind of response is telling someone they just wasted 5 minutes of there time posting.  Or, Do your parents allow you to post in these forums. Or how is someone supposedly with Intelligence like you able to post in these forums. ???      

I understand there are a bunch of intelligent people here, Some more than others. But, IMHO, intelligence as well as hiding behind the anonymity of an Internet forum doesn't justify the nasty attitude toward other people who are supposedly here to help others.. How about a little tact, and, help rather than sarcasm.   I just saw one thread where the new member made his first post and is  already getting bashed, by the Community Professional of all people. I can only wonder what is going through that new members head about now.

I also look upon these same experienced members as representatives of  the web site as well as the company and it's products, especially someone who carries the title "Community Professional".   Is that the way to  represent a company and its products?  I would certainly hope not!

The only stupid question is the one you don't ask!

Sorry if I wasted your time!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that one will find that the responses differ by product forum. Some are very good, and highly professional, while others... well less so.

The moderation will differ also. Some MOD's run a very tight ship, and will PM those who "act out," and then take additional action, as required. Some are not as strict. It just depends.

Going way back, I posted to the Video Lounge, with the question, "Why do you come to the Adobe forum?" It was a bit of a continuation of discussion on the responses by a few subscribers, but much more open, and hopefully welcoming.

Again, I think that it depends on the forum, and on their subscriber base.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>saw one thread where the new member made his first post and is  already getting bashed

I saw that, asking if $135 (I think was the number) for Photoshop, from "site xyz" was a scam

I also saw the responses that said "of course it is a scam" with, admittedly, some "condensation" in the (wording?) "do your parents know you are posting" part of the message

I would not have said that... but I certainly would have said something about using "common sense" to figure out that a download NOT from Adobe, and for about 1/5 the MSRP, is a scam

But, as Hunt said, not everyone replies in the same manner... and while the SPACE here is provided by Adobe, the ANSWERS here are from individual software users... not Adobe

There also HAVE been instances of a brand new person signing up to Adobe just to be able to spam the forums

If you really take exception to an individual's response, every posting has a "Report Abuse" button on the page

Posting here is not going to do any good... this forum is to discuss how the forum software works, not really about people

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 16, 2010 Nov 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Posting here is not going to do any good... this forum is to discuss how the forum software works, not really about people

Good point John. Either the Lounge, or the Video Lounge (if involving the Premiere fora), would be more appropriate places. Maybe the MOD's can move the discussion to the Lounge?

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the forum you are directed to via the Contact Adobe Link at the bottom of the page.  

http://www.adobe.com/aboutadobe/contact.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

At the top of this forum's main page

Please note that this forum category is NOT for users seeking assistance with using Adobe products. It is for assistance with using these online forums only. If you are seeking assistance with an Adobe product or another Adobe service, click here and choose the proper category to post in.

As I said, and as the message says... It is for assistance with using these online forums only

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines