• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Run in with the new sign

Mentor ,
Oct 08, 2013 Oct 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopefully they have finally fixed the sign-in  John posted a Notice about  the new sign in system  I guess to fix any lingering problems of the recent system Break in. And to stop all of the strange Jive SBS errors the last few days.

Well I had a Run in with the change.

1. First I was signed out.
  2. I went through the empty cache.
  3. Delete Cookies.
  4. restart web browser 5 or 6 times

This time when clicked sign in I was taken to sign in Page. But it got stuck in an endless loop so I got out of the Page, marked the thread I was Read as unread.

Went on to do other things and came back in about 1/2 hour  this time when I signe in it took.

Hope its stick for about 10 years anyway.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 09, 2013 Oct 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was stuck in the endless sign in loop last night, and then received a notice that I had to change my password... again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After changing my password as requested, today I was asked to log in both in FF/Mac and IE/Win. In both cases, when I clicked on the Sign in button, I was taken to a Join the Adobe Community window and, after a few seconds, I was back at the forums and properly logged in, although I did nothing else. The whole process is repeated when I close and reopen my browser.

A rather peculiar log in process, in my opinion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same thing happen this morning. I think the server or software is shaking out. Curous thing is you can't sign out. What happens is that you click sign out go to the window you said about the notification but you are still signed in.  Then bounced back so if you wanted to sign out for some reason say to switch to a different Profile you can't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not seeing any issue with signing out. Testing with various accounts I can sign in an out and change from one account to another without problem. This is on Mac Safari and Chrome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried a few Minutes ago and it would not let me sign out.

I'll see if I can make a Movie to show you if its still happening, I'll just make  it the corner the sign out sign in is so there is no other detail. Okay still did so, here is the movie, remember I just made movie of the Corner and I did not have enough time to enter ID and password, it was automatic:

http://www.screencast.com/t/RLMjcD1vNnay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the screencast. I'll pass it along to the engineers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You welcome in the future if there is a Bug I can catch this way I send to you. No I am not going to be flooding you with movie clips, every 5 minutes.

I am using SeaMonkey same happens on FireFox  (Mac)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New Comment:

Have discovered that you don't stay signed in. It doesn't persist from shut down of web browser  to reopen of the web browser even during the day. Have removed Cookies and re signed in, making sure remember me is checked - in FireFox and SeaMonkey.

If that feature has been disabled not a Big issues so long as we can sign in.

Tried with:

SeaMonkey     [Mozilla Product]

FireFox     [Mozilla Product]

Aurora (alpha channel version of current FireFox)     [Mozilla Product]

Australis (nev version of FF /chrome knockoff)     [Mozilla Product]

Maxthon [Cloud equivalent to Chrome]

Camino     [Mozilla Product]

OperaNext     [Alpha Opera version]

Opera

OmniWeb

Google Chrome

iCab

Safari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 10, 2013 Oct 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forum login sessions are not being preserved when Firefox and similar browsers are closed, but they certainly should be. You'll find that you do stay logged in to the Adobe.com domain (so the sign-in form will automatically complete and redirect itself), it's just the forums.adobe.com domain that can't keep track of us.

Behind the scenes we can reproduce it, and as a FF user it's happening to me every time. As you can see from this thread, some people with other combinations (e.g. Chrome or IE) are reporting that they're staying logged in, others are not. A cookie is a cookie; nothing about the session-handler process should be browser-dependent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Things are really not going well today.

Site temporarily unavailable.  Then some Jive notice to retry later.

Sign-in again.  Site temporarily unavailable.

Sign-in again; now the forums show.  In the middle of a reply "Internal server error".  Signed-out again.

Impossible to do anything!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the opposite issue on IE10. When I went to the sign-in window and signed in, literally nothing happened, even though there was no error message. When I signed in on FF, it worked properly. However, FF is not my default browser and I don't really want to be using it for forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amy, can you clear individual cookies from Adobe and Jive in IE? I'm on a Mac, so don't know the procedure for removing individual cookies in IE. I think that will help, but I don't want you to have to clear all cookies from other sites. Can someone familiar with IE jump in here?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, but the login is now working. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No issues with Firefox here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My situation the same I reported yesterday: I am asked to log in both in FF/Mac and IE/Win. In both cases, when I click on the Sign in button, I am taken to a Join the Adobe Community window and, after a few seconds, I am back at the forums and properly logged in, without any further action of mine. The whole process is repeated each time I close and reopen my browsers.

What I didn't report: clearing caches and deleting cookies produce no changes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clearing caches on all these Browsers have no affect. They haven't worked all the bugs out of the Sign in Server I supposed. It's a Minor PIA I can put up with if they have determined that its safer to force everyone sign each time they open browser.  I just tried all the versions I did to prove without a shadow of a Doubt that the issue is with Adobe and not a particular browser.  And it doesn't allow you to sign out to sign in under a different ID should you want to I verified that with the screencast movie I posted yesterday.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you go to the main www.adobe.com page and sign out from there, it will also sign out of the forums.

Phillip Jones wrote:

And it doesn't allow you to sign out to sign in under a different ID should you want to I verified that with the screencast movie I posted yesterday.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I went to main adobe page before I was not signed in even though signed in to Forum. They were supposed to be independent.  I see now they have been tied together which makes us more likely to get broken into not less.

However when I first went in to adobe site I wasn't signed in for second. Then I was suddenly signed in and I did nothing. That’s wrong as well.

Previously If you went to adobe.com you were not signed in. If you signed and went to forums you were signed in. But if you went to Forums first you were usually signed in the go to adobe com and you had to sign in. And if you didn't do anything within 5 minutes. You were signed out automatically.  Go back to forums you were still signed in. Now if you signed out of forums and and back in, you were not signed into adobe.com.

Sorry if I am making this complicated. To me it's easy as Pie explaining it is convoluted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 11, 2013 Oct 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree that because it's not working, it's like knitting soup.

The concept is to have a single-sign-on that allows you into all of the Adobe website areas, and once you've logged in and asked to be remembered you should stay logged in on both the forums and the corporate site. It does actually help with security as there's one less set of credentials to communicate, and it helps with spam because the SSO route implements an email validation step. In the past you could create an AdobeID and start posting on the forums with a totally fictitious email address, inside of 5 seconds. It was easy to automate so we've all suffered through several mass-spamming attacks. That should have all-but-stopped now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually think its less secure to have one sign in server. If some one nefarious could sign into forums, the go to adobe.com they could rummage around on the adobe.com site and get all your information. They should not be related what so ever. Adobe.com should not sign into forums. And Forums should not have the ability to open Adobe.com.

They was it is downright dangerous, far more vulnerable the way it is now. Once you sign in even if you sign out then sign in again, your automatically signed in within 2-5 seconds

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave Merchant wrote:

The concept is to have a single-sign-on that allows you into all of the Adobe website areas, and once you've logged in and asked to be remembered you should stay logged in on both the forums and the corporate site.

Maybe that's the plan, but that is not how it is currently working.  You still have to login separately on both sites.  (And separately again if one wants to use Acrobat.com).

I also have to login to the forum every time I start a new browser session, whereas previously I stayed logged-in permanently.

It appears to me that whoever planned and implemented that big change didn't bother testing anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that there is a range of different experiences, from having to go through the whole login procedure every time to continued uninterrupted forum use even after complete OS restart.

Maybe some of us are just hidden away in safe corners.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 12, 2013 Oct 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phillip,

Sorry for being a couple of days late, but upon returning from travel, I am having to now sign-in for every session. "Remember Me" does not seem to be sticking, as it did a few weeks ago (and has worked for many months), but at least it IS allowing sign-in, with no issues. Also, it has improved (by about "half") now, so that I only have to type in my e-mail address, and Sign-in picks up my PW. Still, each session is now requiring a Sign-in.

In my case, it's Chrome on a PC.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Oct 12, 2013 Oct 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still have the issue no matter what Web Browser I use must be tied to the server I use. Unless they have fixed it today.

Slightly different today but still nox fixed.  Today I can sign out goes to Main page where the announcement of the changes and as long as you don't choose to sign out your out.

When click on Sign in goes to sign in and instead of waiting for you to input an ID and password does so automagically.  Should not do that under any circumtances. Makes it even easier for a crook to get in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines