• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sat & Sun, 09-11 & 12 Major Outages of the Fora

LEGEND ,
Sep 12, 2010 Sep 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it just me, or have others experienced major outages on the fora?

Yesterday (09-11-2010), I had one in the afternoon for about 3 hours, from ~ 2:00PM PDT, and then most of Sunday afternoon, 09-12-2010, from about 4:00PM PDT to 8:15PM. Today, I also had about 4 log-outs, while posting.

Major upgrades, servers being maintained, gerbils being fed?

Just curious,

Hunt

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Sep 13, 2010 Sep 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the_wine_snob wrote:

Is it just me, or have others experienced major outages on the fora?

Did you check the front page of the forums for maintenance announcements? Did you experience anything that was not covered by the announced maintenance of the login system putting the forums in read-only mode?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jochem,

Can you direct me to the maintenance info, that I obviously missed?

Only Adobe.com was available, and nothing regarding the fora was active.

Thank you,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Hunt

I recall seeing a message that the fora would be in something like Read Only mode for a few hours. But I thought that was only one of the days. And it was probably only sent to folks that are volunteer moderators.

It's probably not possible with Jive software. At least with this version. Who knows, maybe a new version would offer such a thing! But my own thoughts are that it's nice we are able to post messages on that forum start page. But it doesn't really do folks much good if they have avenues that take them to a specific section, such as Photoshop.

What would be neat to see is an overall message that would cascade across all affected fora for things like outages and the like.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captiv8r wrote on 9/13/2010 8:51 PM:

And it was probably only sent to folks that are voluteer moderators.

It was on the main page of the forums.

What would be neat to see is an overall message that would cascade across all affected fora for things like outages and the like.

That only helps those who use the web interface.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jochem,

Thank you for that. It could well be that I just got the error messages for my various fora, and when I traced back, could only get Adobe.com to come up. Next time, I will attempt to access the main form page directly from Adobe.com. Probably just the paths that I was using, and OE on my part.

Appreciated, and glad to know that it was just scheduled maintenance.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 14, 2010 Sep 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not much use to a regular who normally never sees that page, (Why should he if he knows where everything is?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jochem van Dieten wrote:

You mean here?

http://forums.adobe.com/index.jspa

I ask because I only visit that page when I want to redirect a lost souild and I need the URL of one of the product forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jochem,

... It was on the main page of the forums.

That only helps those who use the web interface.

I am perpetually logged in using the web interface, as do many other natives, and each day I always:

1) Restart my previous session once, thus opening all the different forums (7 in total, including this one, 5 being opened in different Tabs in the same Window),

2) Reload the pages several times a day,

3) When returning from threads to forums many times a day, sometimes use the Up to (current forum), sometimes use the Bookmark.

This seems to be the most efficient way to cover the forums, and to look at one forum/thread while others are being loaded, thus (at least partially) circumventing the occasionally long loading times.

As Claudio and others, I only use the main page when guiding lost souls, and only to non bookmarked forums, which happens relatively rarely, so it is quite unlikely that I should see any notices there.

Obviously, it would be nice to know about foreseeable outages beforehand, at least in this forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would say very few of the regulars visit the main page more than at most a few times a year...

I don't think there's a way to make mass announcements on each forum without doing it one-by-one. (A very tedious job that I don't expect anyone to do.) Besides that does not help those who read via email.

Jochem, can you think of a way to post to every forum a POST which announces such things as outages and the like? That would probably be appreciated across the board.

Actually, it should not be to difficult. A simple email sent to every forum address should do the trick, of course the spam fighting features might interfere with that...

Harbs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Sep 16, 2010 Sep 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Harbs. wrote on 9/14/2010 10:38 PM:

Jochem, can you think of a way to post to every forum a POST which announces such things as outages and the like?

Takes some programming, but is doable.

A simple email sent to every forum address should do the trick,

That actually is a feature of 4.5.

The way I am used to this working (from usenet and mailing lists) is

there is a dedicated, moderated list/group where these announcements are

posted and nothing else. Interested people can subscribe, the rest is

not bothered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jacob Bugge wrote:

Obviously, it would be nice to know about foreseeable outages beforehand, at least in this forum.

Exactly!

Pretty obvious solution; this used to be the place for such things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the "maintenance" I get this every time I log in.

wtf.jpg

Then, when I try another forum it works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John Joslin wrote on 9/14/2010 11:29 PM:

Since the "maintenance" I get this every time I log in.

http://forums.adobe.com/servlet/JiveServlet/showImage/41429/wtf.jpg

That error message is pretty useless without the address bar showing

which user doesn't exist.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That error message is pretty useless without the address bar showing

which user doesn't exist.

Well it has stopped now but it

occurred when I clicked on m

y bookmark for a foru

m and then loggged in as required.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bill Hunt wrote on 9/13/2010 8:42 PM:

Can you direct me to the maintenance info, that I obviously missed?

It was at http://forums.adobe.com/ but expired Sunday. It may still be

retrievable through the webservices if you are really interested.

Only Adobe.com was available, and nothing regarding the fora was active.

If everything was unreachable, I suspect an issue on your end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines