• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scammer Adobe Martin Anderson

New Here ,
Sep 05, 2018 Sep 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've received a private mail from an obvious scammer 'Adobe Martin Anderson' asking from my product serial number & language.

Do I report it here or do I needs to email Adobe?  thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 05, 2018 Sep 05, 2018

Reported... may take a few hours for a Staff person to respond and ban

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See message #1 in this thread: Problem with a Scammer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reported... may take a few hours for a Staff person to respond and ban

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2018 Oct 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI - "Adobe Jack Williams" direct messeged me asking for my Adobe serial number so he could 'help' me with a problem. I looked up his Recent Activity and noticed that he had an earlier question about upgrading CS5 to CS6 and was told that he could not buy CS6 anymore. I'm assuming that this guy is looking around for a license so he can run CS6. His account is now deactivated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 08, 2018 Oct 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Scammers will almost always post a "fake" question as a test to be sure their account is working... then they will start trying to lure unwary people into giving them information

Some notes for anyone else reading this

Adobe does NOT use Skype, so anyone asking for your Skype ID is a scammer and should be reported

Adobe employees have STAFF next to their name... having Adobe in a user ID is almost always the sign of a scammer

NEVER post private information in a public forum... especially a serial number... When a Staff person asks for private information hover your mouse over their name, you may then click the Message option in the popup window to send a private email

Add a reply to this message with a scammer's ID so they may be reported to the Forum Administrator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 09, 2018 Oct 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Linda,

We do not have a "Martin Anderson" or "Jack Williams" in our Adobe directory. What John stated in the previous response is the correct way to measure the authenticity of the Adobe staff.

Thanks

Rajashree

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Sep 30, 2019 Sep 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe won't ask for your serial number. They might ask for your email that's linked to the account from Where they will be able to see your license information and assist you. Do not ever give out your serials plz. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines