• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scammer Alert - Adobe_Erica_Ratiner

New Here ,
Oct 14, 2019 Oct 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe, please provide a safer way for your customers to contact you other than by forum; the scamming issue is getting out of control and is putting your customers at risk.

Scammer alert: Adobe_Erica_Ratiner messaged me as an “Adobe Team Member” telling me to email Adobecare@mail2expert.com and that they would help me with my problem. I emailed them and they are asking for my login information and said they will provide me with CS6 since my current software will not work. I then realized other people have been approached by these scammers asking for payment for the CS6 version. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Already reported https://community.adobe.com/t5/Spam-Reports/bd-p/spam-reports

I have no idea when an employee will deactivate that user ID

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Adobe, please provide a safer way for your customers to contact you other than by forum...

This is a public user-to-user forum. If you want to reach Adobe Customer Care, go to online chat or pick up the phone during normal business hours.  

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Scanners will always be a problem on public forums.  So please be careful who you interact with and don't give out your e-mail to anyone pretending to be Adobe.  That's not how Adobe does business. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2019 Oct 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not see a phone number or online chat option at the link you provided, I have looked multiple times, am I missing something?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would love to contact Adobe directly which is what I was searching for in the first place, but I am not finding any such contact information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For anyone else reading this
Never post private information on a public forum... including your actual email address or phone number
Scammers try to steal serial numbers and other private information by posing as Adobe employees... Never give your private information to someone who contacts you via PM (Private Message) with an email of
"whatever" @ "anything other than adobe.com"
since this is a FAKE support person
Also, Adobe does not use Skype... if someone asks you to talk to them via Skype to "help" you, immediately report their Adobe ID in https://community.adobe.com/t5/Spam-Reports/bd-p/spam-reports so the person may be banned from the forums

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This user has been banned. Thank you Roblie and John.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave,

The scammer with that user name has been banned and will now create a new Adobe ID and continue spamming.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"This is a public user-to-user forum. If you want to reach Adobe Customer Care, go to online chat or pick up the phone during normal business hours.  https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html"

I do not see a phone number or online chat option at the link you provided, I have looked multiple times, am I missing something?

I would love to contact Adobe directly which is what I was searching for in the first place, but I am not finding any such contact information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 20, 2019 Oct 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I do not see a phone number or online chat option at the link you provided"

Hi Roblie

The chat icon is in the lower right. Type "agent" to get a human.

Jane

clipboard_image_0.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Use a good desktop browser like Chrome or Firefox that accepts cookies and does not have script blockers.
  2. Log-in with your Adobe user ID & password. 
    https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html
  3. Click the chat bot icon (lower right)
    CC-chatbot-icon.jpg
  4. Type Agent followed by Enter key.

Or do a Google search for Contact Adobe.  Phone #s & hours vary by region.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 21, 2019 Oct 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find the use of a mysterious icon, with no text beside it, in a remote corner of the screen, is an extraordinary design. I wouldn't have guessed. The web designers may need more research in the different ways people perceive information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 21, 2019 Oct 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Support for my statement that this design is extraordinary, if not unusual. "Mystery meat navigation (also known as MMN) is a disparaging term coined in 1998 by Vincent Flanders, author and designer of the website Web Pages That Suck, to describe a web page where the destination of the link is not visible until the user points their cursor at it.[1] Such interfaces lack a user-centered design, emphasizing aesthetic appearancewhite space, and the concealment of relevant information over basic practicality and functionality.[2][3]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mystery_meat_navigation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines