• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scammers on Adobe Support Community

Explorer ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I received the following private message on Adobe Support Community.  It looks like a scam to me.  Can anyone confirm?  And if so should it be reported anywhere?

"Hi,

You can Directly send Email to our Adobe Customer Care Team at Email Address:- (**scam email address**outlook.com) and they will help you via Email.

Note-Write the Email Address manually Without any space (Do not Copy and Paste)

Team Adobe"

Edit: Bizarrely, upon posting the text above, the Adobe forum seems to have detected the email address and replaced it with **scam email address**.

TOPICS
Community Information

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Please do report this to us via the link John shared, as well as report the PM as abuse so one of our moderators can terminate the scammer's account and any other ones they may create.
Here's also a link to a post that will show you how to identify genuine messages from Adobe employees in the community: Avoid Phishing 

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or a Forum Moderator saw your post the second, within seconds, of you posting it and edited it to remove the scam email address.

Report this to the link provided above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please do report this to us via the link John shared, as well as report the PM as abuse so one of our moderators can terminate the scammer's account and any other ones they may create.
Here's also a link to a post that will show you how to identify genuine messages from Adobe employees in the community: Avoid Phishing 

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks all for replies.  I have reported to Adobe via the link John T Smith shared.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I received the same... will report is also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have received just the same email, also sent privately in response to a question I posted on the community forum. I am rather concerned as I didn't realise it was a scammer until they asked for all my personal details 'to generate an invoice'. I haven't given out those details, but at the very beginning I had told them the serial numbers of the products I have purchased. What is the consequence of them having my serial numbers?

I have, of course, reported them using the link that has been given here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>consequence of them having my serial numbers

If they find a download, they will be able to activate the program(s) with your numbers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But given that I have already installed it on two devices -- laptop and desktop -- surely they won't be able to activate it for a third time?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably not... but they MIGHT be able to cause you problems with your activations... I simply don't know

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The consequence of pirates and scammers having access to your serial number is that they will no doubt share it & spread it all over the Internet. 

When Adobe gets wind of the abuse, they will revoke your license to stop the bleeding, leaving you up the creek without a paddle.  

Never share information over an unsecure channel.  Email is not secure. Public forums are not secure.

The only secure channel is Adobe's online chat system or direct phone support (no Skype).

CONTACT ADOBE SUPPORT:
================
Online Chat: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
Phone M-F, during normal business hours: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines