• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scheduled maintenence or what?

LEGEND ,
Jan 20, 2013 Jan 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some hours  earlier tonight, I received a 404 Not Found error when trying to access these forums. Was this a scheduled maintenance, or what?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jan 26, 2013 Jan 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It got 20 times faster when they dumped the Trending Topics thing. and got marginally faster after switching to the newer servers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phillip Jones wrote:

It got 20 times faster when they dumped the Trending Topics thing.

Trending Topics things hasn't been dumped.  Are you sure you are accessing the correct way?  Correct way here means the Adobe way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is it? this is the side panel as show now. Before the Trending Topics where  the more like this was.

SidePanel.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am talking about this:

2013-01-27_0539.png

I think they will need a complete overhaul of the design to remove this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 27, 2013 Jan 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Trending Questions pod is just an implementation of the Recent Activity function under a new name - generating the content takes no longer than for any other element on the overview pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The point is: for whom are the Trending Questions supposed to be useful? Newcomers come here to look for solutions to their problems, not to look at what others are discussing. Veterans come here to help, and most of them do it at least daily, so they don't need a list of the most visited threads. And to know that a thread that has been closed for months received a large number of visits then does not seem to me to be interesting to anyone...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jacob Bugge wrote:

So far, the forums seem to be much faster after the long maintenance.

Hello Jacob,

For years, I have routinely checked the time any of these forums takes to download completely, by using the seconds hand of a normal desk clock. I pre-Jive times, any page took far less than a second to finish loading; the process was so fast that one didn't have time to read any of the messages at the bottom of the browser window.

After the move to Jive, times became almost unbearably long, averaging ten seconds and more. This has been gradually improved, and the forums had settled in a decent 3 seconds. Well, after the last maintenance, I have been regularly timing some two seconds for full downloading of any page, and perhaps a little less. So yes, I can say from rudimentary measurements that speed has indeed increased.

For what it's worth.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio,

Thanks for that. I figured that someone had been keeping notes and had done a little benchmarking.

Appreciated,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, Claudio.

It is nice to know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines