Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New Here ,
Sep 04, 2009 Sep 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... I wanted to see if anybody else has this problem -- but umm... I can't search it.

This is the error I get:

An unexpected error has occurred

• This functionality has been disabled by your administrator.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get that message too.

Maybe there were so many complaints about it that they ditched it altogether (?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

System crash. Engineers are looking at Search and/or RSS feeds as the culprit. Things seem to work fine until they are turned on, so they temporarily turned them off for stability. They will be tested out over the weekend when traffic should be slower.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe-admin wrote:

System crash. Engineers are looking at Search and/or RSS feeds as the culprit. Things seem to work fine until they are turned on, so they temporarily turned them off for stability. They will be tested out over the weekend when traffic should be slower.

Looking for alternative, functional forum software yet? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Larashots wrote on 9/4/2009 9:57 PM:

... I wanted to see if anybody else has this problem -- but umm... I can't search it.

This is the error I get:

An unexpected error has occurred

• This functionality has been disabled by your administrator.

Search is currently disabled until Jive has figured out what caused the

outage earlier today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me, the fora were really slowing down as of about 8:00PM AZT Sept 03, and were totally down as of 6:30AM AZT Sept 04. By about 8:30AM AZT, they had come back up and have been going strong until about 7:30PM. Now, they appear to be slowing down again.

Have not used Search much today, Sept 04, but it worked for me about 3:00PM. Of course, "worked" is open for debate, but that is for another topic.

I assume that maintenance took longer than expected, or got more involved, than expected.

Here's hoping that this evening's slowdown is not a sign of another problem.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2009 Sep 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Heh. As fate would have it, the search function began working for me some hours after I checked to see if anyone responded to my thread.

I extend my kindest thanks to Ozzwoman9, Jochem van Dieten, adobe-admin, Ansury, and the_wine_snob for your replies.

Now, if only there was a way to preview my post before sending it, I'd STFU. I promise I would!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 05, 2009 Sep 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, we were all in the same boat, just with different error messages.

For me, all was dead. There was no hope of getting an error with Search, as I could not even get in.

Glad that it's up and running. Now, if only they would fix Search, but that is a comment for a different post.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Sep 06, 2009 Sep 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I lways wondered why there wasn't a preview option perhaps that would point out spellings.

Would be a great boon to folks like me that are Hunt and Peck Typist.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe I need to change my sig. to "Hunt & Peck... "

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PjonesCET wrote:

I lways wondered why there wasn't a preview option perhaps that would point out spellings.

Would be a great boon to folks like me that are Hunt and Peck Typist.

Geez PJ buy some 'learn typing' software or something, I bet there's free ones out there too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you know it wasn't a sample of a use for previews?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Sep 08, 2009 Sep 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mavis Beacon? Is that still around?

You know PJ, there is a spell check on here right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines