• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Search not useful: Doesn't display topics or links!

Contributor ,
Dec 15, 2010 Dec 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I use the search function on the forum, this is the result page I get:

adobeSearchResult.png

You can guess that it is not very helpful not to get the topic title or even links that take you to one of the results.

Maybe this is just a glitch, but just to inform you that at the moment, the search function is not really a great help for me.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

search.jpg

Using Internet Explorer 8 on WinXP my search gives the above result

What browser and OS are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting the same; trying to find a post from sometime between December last year and February.  Impossible without the Subject line!

afsr.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, that's just great!

I refined my search from memory for additional keywords, and I narrowed it down to 5 posts.

Now, how do I actually read the posts when there is no subject to click on???  I can only click on the forum name (which links to the forum), or the poster name, which links to the profile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works for me on the OS and browser I described, so same question... what OS and browser?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Win7 64 Professional and Firefox 3.6.13

Quite a common combination

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am seeing the same as John. Looks correct. I tried WinXP Pro and Mac, both with FireFox 3.6.13

What is the URL for your search results? When I do that search I get:

http://forums.adobe.com/search.jspa?resultTypes=DOCUMENT&resultTypes=MESSAGE&resultTypes=COMMUNITY&resultTypes=TASK&resultTypes=PROJECT&resultTypes=SOCIAL_GROUP&resultTypes=COMMENT&peopleEnabled=true&q=color+transform

searchresults.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

P.S. the above is the result of SEARCH THIS FORUM.  If I use Search Forums, the result is similar, with this result URL:

http://forums.adobe.com/search.jspa?resultTypes=DOCUMENT&resultTypes=MESSAGE&resultTypes=COMMUNITY&r...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The funny thing is, it worked after clicking on you link, but only then. Before that, I tried again, and until then, it still didn't work.

So the problem seems to be where the parameters are passed to the search result page, not the result page itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 17, 2010 Dec 17, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe the issue has been identified. Now to test a fix and get it deployed out to production. It will probably take a couple of days, especially that we're heading into the weekend.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 17, 2010 Dec 17, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This reminds me of the good old times!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine is Firefox 3.6.13 on Windows 2000.

Just tried it on IE6: same result - no subject lines or links to the actual posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines