• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Separate Forum Email

Engaged ,
Mar 12, 2013 Mar 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Adobe ID is my email address, but I would like to have the forum notifications go to a different email address... is that possible?

For example, my Adobe ID is "myname@myisp.com".

But I would like to have forum email notifications go to "forumstuff@myisp.com".

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The easiest way is to change your e-mail in your profile (see this picture):

http://tinyurl.com/ar8caoc

This will allow you to change forum notifications to your chosen e-mail address.

Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is this located This is what I see:

Screenshot_3_12_13_1_03_PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1) Go to: http://forums.adobe.com

2) you will see something like this at the top of the page:

2013-03-12_1716.png

3) Click on your username and you will see actions on the right-hand-side as shown in my previous picture.

Good luck.

:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I want is to have my Adobe ID and my forum notification email be different. So, for example, my Adobe ID would be myname@myisp.com, but forum messages would go to, say, forumstuff@myisp.com.

The "Edit Adobe Profile" changes your Adobe ID. But I don't want to change my Adobe ID, I simply want my forum notifications to go to an email that's different than my Adobe ID.

I'm guessing that maybe when Adobe started requiring your Adobe ID to be an email address, perhaps (incorrectly) assumed that email address should be used for all communications - purchases, forums, advertising, etc.??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Personally I think using your email address as your adobe ID. is got the be the most dumb insecure way to do things.

You should have a separate User Name and Passowrd to get into your Account for software Updates,Upgrades, and Purchases. And a separate User Name and Password for the Forums. They should not be tied together. Do the dummies at adobe realiaze if our email addresses and Passwords were compromised in the Forums Then the people that do so would be like kids in a Candy store stealing products using our accounts.  Then Aodbe would be on the hook for runing all their customers credit and having to refund our money. for products we didn't buy.  It could put adobe out of business but they don't care.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree.

I've never liked using an email address for a user ID (and to be fair, Adobe is certainly not the only company to do that). In most cases, you only need a user ID and a password to get into anything, so anybody who knows your email already has 50% of the info needed to hack your account.

It also means that whenever you change email addresses, now in addition to letting all your contacts know your new email, you also have to go update a gazillion user IDs!

I get that they are trying to make our lives easier by not forcing us to remember user IDs versus emails and do a "single sign on" concept, but using an email as a user ID is just a bad idea all around.

Even worse is the (apparent) assumption that every single piece of corresponce should be sent to your user ID.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Personally I think using your email address as your adobe ID. is got the be the most dumb insecure way to do things.

Is there anything about Adobe that is not dumb?  I don't think so because it is going down the drain almost daily;  Slowly but surely.

Adobe, Microsoft and Gmail have all signed their own death warrant by creating subscription model for their products when Internet is still not the safest medium to conduct serious business.  Microsoft Office is now on a subscription basis only unless you pay a premium price for the disks that allows you to install on a single machine and if that machine dies, so does your license.  Now this is really silly IMHO.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "Edit Adobe Profile" changes your Adobe ID. But I don't want to change my Adobe ID, I simply want my forum notifications to go to an email that's different than my Adobe ID.

Your adobe ID remains the same;  All you are changing is your login e-mail address.

Some people, including me, have separate e-mail account to interact with these forums;  You can have free emails from Hotmail, Yahoo, Gmail and others including AOhell (aka AOL).

My Adobe ID is "mytaxsite.co.uk" but login e-mail is on Yahoo.  This account is used for these forums only and to get odd spams from Adobe such as cloud newsletters and all that rubbish.  Occasionally, I get PMs from lovely Russian women who wants to marry me so that they can come to United Kingdom but I ignore them because I have a very nice Japanese girlfriend looking after my needs!!!!.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines