• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sharing solutions on installing Adobe CS4 on Windows 7 (32-bit)

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2009 Oct 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I met with problems installing CS4 on my computer with the recent release of Windows 7 32bit. And EUREKA! I was able to install it and I would love to share with every one!

My problems are:

The software "hangs" while installing especially at the part where the windows shows "Overall Progress". And it just "hangs" there and I don't know wether it's installing or not but it seems to run. Even when I tried to run it on Vista SP2 or run it as Administrator, the same problem continues to happen. And I hit the error "1620".

What I did:

Firstly, I run the setup by choosing it to run on Windows XP platform with SP3 (instead of Vista platform). You can do so by going to the setup files, right click on the Autorun.exe and select Properties. Go to the Compatibility Tab, and choose to run it on Windows XP platform with SP3. And also go in to the setup folder where the other setup.exe is there, do the same thing by choosing the windows xp platform with SP3.

It then arrived to the the same problem where the software "hangs" while installing especially at the part where the windows shows "Overall Progress".

At first, I thought it was just a failure, the software really "hung" and I couldn't cancel the installation. I tried to open my CD driver to remove my installation CD (doing a force cancel on the installation is not advisable unless you are ok with it )

But then I decided to give it a try (don't know why) and when I pushed the driver (with the CD inside) back, the new pop-up window asked me whether I want to continue the installation, I clicked "OK", and it actually runs (the installation with the green bar going on and on and the CD driver running at top speed)!

However, there was a slight problem I had to take note of! It will actually "hang" halfway during the installation and the driver will stop running and giving out "tick tick tick zzzz tick tick tick" sound.

I opened the CD driver and push it back in again (and clicked "OK" to resume the installation). The installation then continues while the CD driver runs at top speed again. That's the only thing have to TAKE NOTE OF. (And also, please take note of the sound made by ur CD driver while the CD is running! It actually tells you whether it's running or not.)

As for the 2nd Disc, should the same problem continues, just do the same thing. If one of the Adobe software (eg. Photoshop) cannot run due to some files can't be located, please try to reinstall that particular software. It should work.

Maybe there is no need to change the compatibility mode or run it as Administrator? I am not sure about that but what I did actually worked and it installed just fine

Hope I am of some help Please tag a reply if it works for you so that I can spread it to my friends in school

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This forum is to talk about the operation of the forums, not to talk about products

Go to the correct forum for the product(s) you have and post your story there, so other users of your product(s) may read

Click the ADOBE FORUMS link just below your login name, and select your product(s) from the drop-down list

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 29, 2009 Dec 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm on a 64 bit version of Win 7 and had a hard time getting CS4 installed on my laptop.  finally I made .iso images of all the DVDs (stored them on an external drive) and ran them virtually using using PowerISO.  Then CS4 installed no problem and litterally 10 times faster than using an optical drive. One other thing.  Once you  mount the first DVD in the virtual player, open it to view the files and then right click on the setup or autoplay file and select "Run as Administrator".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines