• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Slow, slow, slow (III) !

LEGEND ,
Mar 15, 2008 Mar 15, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The thread with this name that was closed with no explanation did serve a useful purpose, so I am opening a new one to replace it.

Speed is back to normal now, and if there was a shutdown, I wasn't here to witness it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 574 Replies 574
LEGEND ,
Aug 06, 2008 Aug 06, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Speed is very variable right now over here, but always on the slow side.

Addition: 23 seconds to post this message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

been fast here since the upgrades.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John, thank you for the advice. I will consider it.

Fast as usual, now that I am back, maybe even faster than before. And I only had to login once in one forum after restarting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 07, 2008 Aug 07, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to mention yesterday that everything went back to normal a few minutes after my post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Aug 11, 2008 Aug 11, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I never! The last day or two I've been seeing that phenomenon where only the last post shows up, with no previous one for context. Never seen it before. Maybe I'll finally get the dreaded slow-downs :(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 17, 2008 Aug 17, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Speed is very variable over here right now...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 18, 2008 Sep 18, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After a month of relative speediness, it's back to speeds between slow and stop.

Afterthought: Maybe it's those threads of 1000 or more messages!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> "Afterthought: Maybe it's those threads of 1000 or more messages!"

Naaaahhh...Short threads or long, in whatever forum you choose, I don't think load times are affected by them.

At least, they shouldn't be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fast here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't say I've had any load problems for a while. But my luck is the minute I brag on something all heck breaks loose. :-)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was darn slow in the last two hours or so. Getting better now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 19, 2008 Sep 19, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very spotty performance the past several days (Vancouver WA USA) with some clicks leading to a screen display in about a second, and others taking up to about half a minute

I have no idea if that is Adobe's servers, or general Internet traffic

About traffic... had a discussion with one of our IT staff a few days ago about spam

I work at a branch campus of a University, with about 900 employees and 4-5 thousand students, so about 6k email accounts

I was told that our AVERAGE daily incoming spam count is about 300k, with one day a few weeks ago of just over one million messages (99+ percent are captured by our dedicated spam "device" but a few do get through... I receive about a dozen a day... while the software in the "device" adjusts to new parameters entered from the "device" home base... I think it is a "Barracuda" device)

Anyway, with that number just at this small place, it boggles my mind to think about the number of messages flying around, and clogging up, the Internet on a daily basis

I guess I am surprised that ANYTHING gets through on a timely basis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 19, 2008 Sep 19, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>Anyway, with that number just at this small place, it boggles my mind to think about the number of messages flying around, and clogging up, the Internet on a daily basis

well, tubes do get clogged! :)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Sep 29, 2008 Sep 29, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tubes are clogged right now - even if the page turns up at all, the css often doesn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And of course here it's like greased lightning!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More like a greased weasel here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More like a weasel without the grease

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 30, 2008 Sep 30, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FWIW, I did see a few minutes where the CSS files were not loading properly with some slowdown. But it has not been persistent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Sep 30, 2008 Sep 30, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, fine now. @ JJ ;)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 01, 2008 Oct 01, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought that I had lost my CSS, when the light blue stuff all disappeared. Turned out I had reset the monitor to see a dark photo better (I hate LCD).

I shoulda known that it would have gone to Times if I had no CSS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When the CSS files don't load up correctly you will see underlined links, not just different colors. It is very obvious.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> " I thought that I had lost my CSS, when the light blue stuff all disappeared."

I've AdBlocked the Adobeforums CSS in Firefox because I prefer to use my own settings. So I have no idea what colors are default for links-n-stuff. Plus, I prefer Trebuchet over almost all other fonts for reading a lot of material online...the Adobeforums user control panel could allow me that choice with a 5 minute code tweak.

> "...(I hate LCD)."

TESTIFY , MY BROTHER!!! CAN I GET AN AMEN!?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 02, 2008 Oct 02, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why is that smiley licking it's eyeball? :P

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 07, 2008 Oct 07, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those poor old WebX servers seem to be creaking again. :(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2008 Oct 07, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

could be I had one message that took a few erta seconds to load up. Haven't had that in a while.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines