• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

So squash the flaming bug!!!!!

Advocate ,
Jun 04, 2009 Jun 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Instead of having to keep locking threads.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good good, a new thread. I was getting tired of clicking the "2" to see the last post in all those other threads.

HEY - did they actually squash one of the flaming "bugs" (flaw) where it didn't indicate threads were locked?  I see [locked] in the subjects now.. or was that done manually?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nope, that was manual labor on my part

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't care what that J Maloney says about you, Zeno. You're more than 1/10 the man Dov Isaac's is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jun 06, 2009 Jun 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kath-H wrote:

If your reference to Steve repeat post. It might be a problem on his end.

Years ago when used AOL in addition to my ISP now. If I sent out anything under email Address I would end up sending Duplicate copies of messages.

What was happening is the AOL system at the time had a problem with faulty header information. It was corrupting my ISP's email directory for me.

The cure was to wait until I was finished reading email and have my ISP destroy my my e-mailbox the resurrect a few hours later.

I had to have that done twice. After the second time AOL fixed their software.

So its possible Steve has some corrupt mail in his email box and he needs to go in it a different way than standard email and delete everything in the mail box so it clean then try.

Or if he is using his own email server then kill the box altogether over night and resurrect in the morning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is funny that (I at least) nobody else seems to have the same problem.  I dunno..

Crap- does that mean we can't blame Jive for this one?!?! Noooooo!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It stands to Reason that if only SDA mails are causing this and there is no one else causing the problem, then the system is just passing alone what is sent.

has anyone else other than SDA caused the problem> Who knows maybe he is just repeatedlt doing it deliberately, just  cause something. I don't think he is. But I am not sitting beside him to prove it one way or the other.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PjonesCET wrote:

It stands to Reason that if onlt SDA mails are causing this and there is no one else causing the problem Then the system is just passing alone what is sent.

Phillip:  You REALLY need to read the comment addressed to you by Jochem van Dieten in the following thread:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/443707?tstart=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bob_Peters wrote:

PjonesCET wrote:

It stands to Reason that if onlt SDA mails are causing this and there is no one else causing the problem Then the system is just passing alone what is sent.

Phillip:  You REALLY need to read the comment addressed to you by Jochem van Dieten in the following thread:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/443707?tstart=0

I read and posted a note, it was just a suggestion of a possible reason. If Jive says its a bug. Its a bug.

Its odd I've tried sending an email to the reply and it just bounce back to me as if the email address doesn't exist.

So That's the reason I don't use email for this forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 07, 2009 Jun 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Jochem comment about spreading disinformation was a little rude, especially if "community experts" are supposed to be held to a higher standard than us mere vanilla one-blobbers.  It's not like anyone here is trying to spread disinformation on purpose.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jun 07, 2009 Jun 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks! Like I said it was just a suggestion. since it appears to affect only one person. However, if Jive/Adobe says its a Bug then it is. My intent was not to send disinformation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They haven't squashed me yet, haha!

And just for the record, I do know who Dov Isaacs is. He looks just like my dad in his profile pic (what a cutie). Before I stopped frequenting the Illy forum (too enticing to really really [no, I mean really] put my foot in it over there) I always admired his patience and knowledge when troubleshooting folks' problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines