• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

So what kind of glitch would create this post?

Community Expert ,
Jan 31, 2014 Jan 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So yesterday after five I was at work, and logged into the Adobe forums. Today, I went to my profile to look at the threads I posted in yesterday, and I found a post I didn't make under my name:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/6071240#6071240

The creepiest part of this, for me, is that I actually know rather more than the average bear regarding theories of archaic Pacific migration. I mean, lots more, courtesy of a hardass anthropology professor, some years ago. And I've gone on record on the Internet, recently, in forums where they care a lot about theories of Oceanic migration, that I don't care all that much about theories of Pacific migration. So I know that that is not a post I'd make.

I'm guessing that this is a Jive issue, not someone very carefully messing with my head. Have there been recent reports of "Hey, that's not my posting style!"?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 01, 2014 Feb 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Joel,

The Reply, to which you refer, was actually posted by Steven Gotz (see Reply #591 in that thread). He is a standup guy, and frequent contributor on several forums. He was as astounded, as you were, that the Reply was attributed to you. He has no clue HOW that happened, and neither do I.

No closer to the solution, than before, but we now know that this was not a prank, as far as any of us can tell.

Wish that I had more to offer, but those are the recent tid-bits.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines