Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Someone posted under my name

Community Expert ,
Dec 31, 2013 Dec 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, there!

This is the first time it happened to me.
Don't know if it's due to a bug, a security breach or whatever.

User portland_cards posted under my name:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/5967861#5967861

in the thread:

portland_cards

Automating Bulk Scan Cropping/straightening

User portland_cards claimed, and I  believe him, that he is not responsible for that.

A forum glitch? A hack by somone else?

Since I'm notified per e-mail of every post I do, I immediately checked after reading that mail.

Here a screenshot of the post together with portland_cards's reaction and my comment on it:

portland_cards-POSTED-under-name-Laubender.png

I don't know who is administrating this all. Maybe she or he could investigate what went wrong.

Suggestions?

Uwe

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uwe,

I believe this issue has been up at least once in the past.

It may be a few days before John or someone else able to deal with it turns up here.

Some think New Year Is Near.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jacob – thank you for commenting.
Let's see what the new year will bring…

Happy New Year's Eve to you!

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We will ask Jive to take a look at the database to see what caused that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got the PM from Laubender and will monitor this thread. As I said in the thread in question, I just clicked the sign in button and submitted a reply, and afterwards noticed it was a different username than my own on the reply. Being new to the website, I wasn't exactly sure what it meant, so I clicked on Uwe's username and scanned through some recent posts before quickly realizing what was going on. I never went anywhere else on their profile or looked into it any further. I immediately logged off and replied with my own account info.

Please understand, I honestly felt this was a violation to Laubender, and I just want them and the admins here to know that I have no bad intentions here and I only registered to receive help on a quicker way to scan and crop my trading cards. Thanks!

-Dean

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, and HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh these things happens on Jive forums all the time. Security has been tightened for regulars to have a hard time posting here but hackers and spammers can easily get in and post whatever they want. This is life in here and we have to get over it if we want to continue using these forums or simply move on to some where else.

I hope your email hasn't been hijacked. Adobe has the habit of living their back door open when they try to shut the user-interface for regulars to post solutions here. I was able to login briefly on these forums before the Christmas and now I can't once again. Something strange is definitely happening but we shall see what progress is made in 2014.

Happy New Year.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder how many big corporations would accept for such a long time the bugs we are suffering here without firing the company managing theri sitesw and hiring a decent one...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 11, 2014 Jan 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe-admin wrote:

We will ask Jive to take a look at the database to see what caused that.

@adobe-admin – are there news on this issue?

Uwe

Message was edited by: Laubender

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 11, 2014 Jan 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing new. Jive support thinks it could have happened if someone moved the thread at the same time as the reply was being posted, but I haven't found anyone who claims to have moved it. Have you seen this happen again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 12, 2014 Jan 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@adobe-admin – true.

No one has moved the thread (or that particular post).
And again no; I did not see it happen again.

What next?

Can Jive support dig deeper?

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 13, 2014 Jan 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll ask them. But this version is going end of life, so they might not go much deeper unless it is something happening regularly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe-admin wrote:

I'll ask them. But this version is going end of life, so they might not go much deeper unless it is something happening regularly.

Are we getting a new forum?  This is very good news indeed     I am sure P.Jones and Claudio G  would be delighted to learn this.

Keep up the good work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the new version includes 10% of the user's requests, I'll eat my hat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jan 14, 2014 Jan 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mytaxsite.co.uk wrote:

adobe-admin wrote:

Are we getting a new forum?  This is very good news indeed     I am sure P.Jones and Claudio G  would be delighted to learn this.

Keep up the good work.

You're darn Tootin'

So far for now I can live with what we have; except the &^%$* sign-in issue.

If they would scrap the old sign in servers and software, and the modems and cabling tied to them, so that when someone signs in first time it takes nano seconds to switch back to forums showing singned, instead now waiting Minutes then having hit reload, and have sign to persist Brwoser quits and computer shutdown have time limit of a Moth, 6 months, year, two years, 10 years (Whatever). But not have to resign in everytime you sneeze hard or have to go to the thrown room.

Oh I would love to get back using colored text,  and videos, For example if I could actual insert the video of what's happening at sign maybe the Yahoos a Jive could see what's going on. We having been able to post videos for years yet the video icon is still showing. If that not coming back take it off.

Oh if they would show the exact same setting of posting editing tools when creating a post as when editting post . In order for you to format eaxctly as you want you have Post then click on edit even though your typing is correct. To format as desired you needed you have to click on edit which brings up additional tools.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 16, 2014 Jan 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phillip,

Please be careful what you wish for...

After all, CGI Group might get the contract????????

Besides, I do not think that I have enough "good years left," to learn another forum software. I am not happy with everything here, but will accept (even those Sign-Ins - sigh) the issues with Jive now. I'll take it, warts an all.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 17, 2014 Feb 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe-admin wrote:

@adobe-admin – alright, it has happened again (this time with Joel Cherney). Two incidents do not make a regular thing, but I'm a bit more worried again…

Is there some news about what happened to my account?

I'd like to hear from you, if some progress was made also in the case of Joel:

Joel Cherney

So what kind of glitch would create this post?

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1394880?tstart=0

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is in the hands of the engineers and is being taken very seriously. Can I have them reach out to you via email for more details of your experience?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@adobe-admin – yes, they can contact me via email.

I suggest that first they contact me with a personal message (PM) here in the forums so that their mail is not considered as spam 😉

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines