Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This lot is at the top of the list:

acrforum.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 07, 2010 Aug 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happens when spam posts are appended to old topics, and then deleted by forum mods - the old posts stay on top of the forum.  Yet another nuisance caused by spammers!

P.S. most likely caused by this mass spammer http://forums.adobe.com/people/ipadgeek - almost every forum is affected by now...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

almost every forum is affected by now...

Quite a few are not; I will not say which.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jacob Bugge wrote:

almost every forum is affected by now...

Quite a few are not; I will not say which.

One of them just took a hit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guessed it was but I've never seen a block of old messages that long before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting. Had not considered that possibility. My observations were made in fora, that seldom see any spam activity (so far).

Now, if there were some spam replies added, even though removed quickly by the MOD's, would not the "Updated" tag still appear, or would it disappear, when the MOD's did their job?

Just curious,

Hunt

PS - I hope that one of the MOD's, or Adobe Admin. can comment to allay fears of impending issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 09, 2010 Aug 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, if SPAM is removed, the topic still moves to the top, even though it loses the "last updated" date after the SPAM is removed.

Just another oddity of JIVE (which should be displaying based on a date sort, not on some invisible alternate data).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John,

I have observed similar in several of the Premiere fora today, August 07, 2010. A lot of 1 - 2 year old threads are at the top of the list, and none have had a reply in that time - nothing more recent than 1 year ago. None is showing up as "Updated," and just at the top of the thread list.

Something is not right, and it seems to have come about since 11:00PM PDT August 06, 2010, when I logged-off.

One of the most prolific posters to those fora, Harm Millaard, just lost his profile, in the same time period, though that might not be related in any way.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines