• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Something strange here

LEGEND ,
Aug 13, 2013 Aug 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We all know that these forums are not particularly easy to navigate, especially for newcomers, who frequently end up posting their questions in the wrong forum, Well, something seems to have made things worse, st least in the forum in Spanish. Starting perhaps some two weeks ago, we are getting an increasing number of Spanish-speaking novates posting theit questions in English. At this moment, we have 8 threads started in English in the first page of the list of topics (30 threads).

This is an exceptionally large number of lost participants. Unfortunately, none has explained why using a language they do not master when they could use their own, and we have not asked them explicitly for their reasons. To top it, a large proportion of them are of the "one post only" kind, so it would be anyway no use asking them.

Anyone have any idea why we have this sudden invasion of messages posted in English in the forum in Spanish? And I don't mean witty ideas, but ideas that might help in solving what to many may be a small problem, but to me points to some recent  change in the path Spanish-speaking newcomers have to follow to post their questions.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 16, 2013 Aug 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hola Claudio:

Those "drifters" normally end up there through a Google search on an issue with and Adobe application and don't even realize they are in the wrong forum.

It happens occasionally in the forums in English too, where some strays suddenly pop up with the most bizarre, off-topic posts.

It's the nature of the beast, I suppose.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 16, 2013 Aug 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, I know that, and up to about a couple of weeks go we had very ocasionally posts in other languages. However, right now the 30 most recent topics include 7 threads started in English. This is strange in a forum whose title is obviously in Spanish,

Foros de usuario.jpg 

and where the titles of most threads are also in Spanish. It is true that, as happens in other localized forums, all other fixed text in the page is in English, but this has been always so, so I don't think that this is the reason for this sudden increase in the number of posts written in English.

We are asking each new writer in English why they did not write in Spanish, but have had no answer so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines