• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sorry dumbest question - how to edit and delete a post on here?

Explorer ,
Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posted but my problem was causing issues with my internet connection. So my post seems to be cut-off and doesn't make sense and no-one has replied to it!

How can I edit or delete a post on here? 

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

No one can delete a post except for Adobe employees.

You need to be a participant on the forum for an unknown length of time and posting history in order to edit. As a beginner, you can't.

I would suggest posting a second time in a new thread. If you post a link here to the original thread, someone can lock it for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Not much I can do about the connection issues, I'm afraid.

My understanding is that editing isn't enabled for new users until they've, basically, demonstrated that they're not trolls, spammers, or scammers. Some people, for instance, will ask a question and with a link in an attempt to get people to go to a malicious site. Others make posts that are really advertisements for a service or product that often has nothing to do with Adobe (or is a scam). It's unfortunate that perfectly legitimate

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No one can delete a post except for Adobe employees.

You need to be a participant on the forum for an unknown length of time and posting history in order to edit. As a beginner, you can't.

I would suggest posting a second time in a new thread. If you post a link here to the original thread, someone can lock it for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info. I already posted the question twice with the corrected version second. But it appended it as a reply to the first question so I'd better not add another one. I might get automatically banned as a spammer.

Kind of ridiculous not being able to edit. And the reason I had problems posting was because of Adobe icloud eating up all my internet connection in the first place. Not happy but anyway thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not much I can do about the connection issues, I'm afraid.

My understanding is that editing isn't enabled for new users until they've, basically, demonstrated that they're not trolls, spammers, or scammers. Some people, for instance, will ask a question and with a link in an attempt to get people to go to a malicious site. Others make posts that are really advertisements for a service or product that often has nothing to do with Adobe (or is a scam). It's unfortunate that perfectly legitimate posters get affected by this, too. Having their ability to edit disabled means they can't put back the bad information/links once a moderator has removed them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

p.s looks like an Adobe employee has cleaned up the thread and deleted the wrong one so that's something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines