Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Split personality

LEGEND ,
Apr 27, 2010 Apr 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suddenly seem to have two user profiles

It is the second link that is my original profile that I have been using for the last 8 or 10 years, but what's happened with this sudden split?  All I can imagine is that it may have happened when I was prompted to login to comment on a KB article yesterday.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or is there an age limit on profiles?  (It was my birthday yesterday.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 28, 2010 Apr 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please log out and sign back in again. That should clear it up and put you back as yourself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks - it seems to somehow fixed itself.  (Or maybe with a little help from adobe-admin.)

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 30, 2010 Apr 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Or is there an age limit on profiles?  (It was my birthday yesterday.)

THAT must be it - yeah, an age limit. But wait, I am probably older than 99.9% of the forum members, and probably older than the majority of any 2 members... maybe it's NOT the age. Can we say "Happy Birthday?"

It seems that certain changes, like forum software upgrades, spawn behavior like this. Not sure if it goes back to Adobe I.D.s, or is Jive-specific (or phases of the Moon?), but I've developed a few dopplegangers, and mostly around Jive updates. Some seem to appear without warning, and some seem benign and only lurk, until I make a mistake with my log-ins. About the time that I get my Adobe accounts consolidated, and things seem to be going well, I then morph into several other people.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try the suggestions here? http://forums.adobe.com/thread/613050?tstart=0

Harbs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks; I will check it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines