Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

stop adobe phoning me

New Here ,
Jun 11, 2014 Jun 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how do i get Adobe to stop phoning me?

I have some old licenses, and i don't want the adobe subscription.

Adobe upgrades are expensive enough as it is, but at least it was your choice to upgrade and it was generally only every two years.

Now with subscription you are paying as much as an upgrade but now its yearly, which makes it twice as expensive as it use to be!

And i don't want cloud storage!!!

Now i have asked adobe not to call me again, every time that Adobe call center calls me.

They call every few months trying to sell me subscription !!!

Why do they LIE when they tell me they will make a note to not call me again!!!

I just had another call a minute ago. I asked for the manager and the caller would not put me through. I asked for the managers name and they hung up on me!!!

I have had enough of this.

Please get your call center in order!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHGgggggggggggggggggg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are not addressing Adobe here, just fellow users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio is correct. But it's a fact of modern life.

Whether they lie (tell untruths) out side of their Call center life is doubtful. Often call center people have had better paying Jobs and lost them for whatever reason, andhave resigned themselves working in call centers. Therefore to keep the job to put meat and tatters (potatoes) on the table they sometime have to check their ethics at the door and tell blatant untruths .

I get this all the time with Politics and Charities, selling cars, selling software, credit checks, wanting you to get a credit card. I constantly tell please put us on a do not call list.  And inform them I am signed up for the National Do not Call list! They apologize say they will then the same person 20 minutes later will repeat the same spiel.

I know it is not pre - recorded because with pre - recorded it will ring and when you pickup there is dead air 2-3 seconds. If its like this your wasting you time.

And to beat it all, guaranteed times for them to call: Any time you would normally eat a Meal (breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, for the British high tea) Or a couple of hours before bedtime, or when you are answering mother nature's call. Another sure bet it’s a call center. Is they will let it ring 10, 20, 30 times or more.

Sometimes I lay the phone receiver down on a table. Once they figure they are talking to the coffee table, they quit. Or if I have one persistently pesky, I slam the receiver down so hard I know it has busted their ear drum. (I don't  care if it bust both). I put call center cold calls in same light as online Spammers.  I don't care who its from.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 18, 2014 Jun 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No calls to me by Adobe either; I've configured my prefs as station_two has.

As I'm dispatching junk callers in the most inhumane ways I can think of, I often imagine how much more polite callers would be (and how many fewer junk calls one would get) if one could send a healthy shock - say, 50kV - to the other end.  I'd even be willing to accept an equal shock for the privilege of sending it.

Or worse.  I enjoyed the exploding phone scene in the film The Fifth Element.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 12, 2014 Jun 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In fact, you can do this yourself from your Adobe profile.  Try this:

1) Log to your Adobe account from this link:

http://www.adobe.com

2) Now go to your preferences from the link given at the top right corner of your name as shown in this picture:

2014-06-12_1306.jpg

3) When you click on the My Preferences link, you will see something like this:

2014-06-12_1310.png

4) All you need to do is to mark everything as NO and then SCROLL down the page and click on UPDATE button to save these new settings.

5) this should solve your problem instantly.  There won't be any need to contact the call center ever again and they too won't contact you ever again.

6) Problem solved and enjoy your CS6 perpetual license until you are ready to upgrade in the future.

Hope this helps and good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 13, 2014 Jun 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had my preferences set to "email and post only" from the very beginning, no Telephone Contacts, and I have never, ever received a single phone call from Adobe in the nearly 30 years that I've been a registered Adobe customer, since late 1984.

So it does work.

I would strongly advise AGAINST setting your preferences to "no eimal contacts", however.  You'd miss all Adobe security alerts, update notices, etc.

Like the OP, I have also declined to subscribe to the Cash Cow model, and will stay with CS6 13.0.6 until I or my computers die or become useless, whatever happens first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines