• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Studio 8 on Mac OS 10.8.4

New Here ,
Aug 06, 2013 Aug 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone please tell me how I can get Dreamweaver & Flash 8 working again since upgrading to Mac OS 10.8.4 on my 2009 iMac? I paid for to use these products and now can't access my website in order to upgrade. Please help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 06, 2013 Aug 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This forum is only to discuss how the forums operate, not products

If you go to the Forums Index http://forums.adobe.com/index.jspa

You will be able to select a forum for the Adobe product you use

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 15, 2013 Aug 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well I would guess that "How the forums work" is part of this discussion.

I don't think there is a place in the forum for defunct products such as Macromedia Studio 8.

I am not criticizing Adobe for that, though.  Both Dreamweaver and Flash are continued via Creative cloud product, that is the easy answer.  Those circa 2004 products just won't work on latest Mac system.  This is somewhat of a conundrum, especially to Mac Users who know that they have a product that easily outlasts it's ability to upgrade to the latest system.

It goes with the territory and if anyone been paying attention in the last 20 years, One might note the tendency for exponential arrival of obsolescence.  Soon, you won't be able to  open the hardware boxes and install the software fast enough to avoid instant obsolescence.

All joking and Doom screeing aside, I was overwhelmed by the opportunity to download and install Freehand 11.02 from the site today.  On this point, Adobe is to be commended for maintaining access to the obsolete software so that we may cover the emergency.

We have a service provider in manufacturing who apparently can read a freehand file (but not illustrator).  They are not computer operators they (maybe) have a windows XP based milling/machining machine software.  

I can only dread the cost of that and sympathize with their needs to continue to squeeze value out of the purchase decision.  This does not stop me from being irritated by needing to provide a solution that is clearly in their court to field.

As I wasn't precisely sure... even after reading a number of web articles and downloading manuals.  So being able to bring the environment into first-hand adjust mode save lot's of time and trials and operator error on the other side.

It turns out... That Freehand reads EPS format from Illustrator 8 with no support for gradients or mesh...[exportable from CS3, probably others]  so have a ball) 

In the particular "Old Mac situation"  Which system came in that 2009 machine?  10.5 or 10.6?

Your best bet, is to open up a partition or buy a terabyte hard disk external and install a system from your original System Install Disks .  Then get your old Macromedia stuff and whatever emergency solutions you need up and running on that.

It is hard to sympathize with Dreamweaver being your only avenue of web-site maintenance...  however, so be it.

Back to the Freehand or other "old" software issues Keep your copy of CS3 which was the time that Adobe was giving incentives to Macromedia Studio users to "MAKE THE SWITCH")  So you could run both Freehand and CS3 simultaneously on an older intel Mac and get yourself free from the old stuff.

Finally, there is always more than 1 way to skin a cat... but the cat never likes it.

/info

Message was edited by: infomix  (most typos corrected)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines