• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Suggestion: Option to hide posts

Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A nice option to have would be a "hide" or "minimize" flag in sub forums. For example, I'm often in the Premiere forum trying to help people. Say I come across a post that I simply do not have an answer for. I'd like to be able to "hide" this post so that it no longer shows for me. When I'm scrolling though posts, I don't want to constantly see posts I cannot answer. Being able to hide a post would be a very useful tool for ACPs or anyone tryin to navigate these forums more efficiently.

TOPICS
Enhancement

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IMHO that is a Poor idea. If you don't know the answer maybe someone else does and when they post the correct answer you could LEARN what it is. If you Hide that post you never learn what the solution to the problem is.

That is the point of an Open Forum. Learning and sharing solutions to problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While I generally agree about potentially learning, I already very rarely click on "answered" threads since they have already been answered. I'd rather have more effeciency navigating through unanswered posts than potentially learning something from an answered thread that I wouldn't click on anyway.

The whole point is to have the option to hide threads. No one is forced to use the functionality, but for those of us it would help, and it's a pretty normal staple in other forums, it's a great addition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 08, 2019 Dec 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do you have any idea how much extra overhead this is going to cause when every user starts to tread specific posts in such a fashion? You know, that info has to be stored somewhere and I'm sure nobody is looking forward to have user profiles with hundreds and hundreds of megabytes and trillions of tiny database entries just for that. I don't think this idea has any merit at all from both a technical standpoint and in terms of how it affects the user experience. It's just plain bad.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines