Please feel free to add your own remarks to this list...
- One line editor when replying (bug taken into account AFAIK).
- No way to distinguish unread messages (did I miss something ?). Any forum software can do that (with exception of Jive).
- No way to mark all messages read at the forum level or at the site level (did I miss something ?).
- No way to return from Preview : one can either Cancel (and loose the currently edited message) or Post. Usually, preview and edit field are displayed simultaneously. In some software, the preview is even updated in real time.
- Too much display space wasted causing unneeded and painful scrolling.
- No "Advanced search" feature.
- No real time spelling checker in editor.
- Topic lists not organized in pages but as a long endless page dynamically updated when scrolling. Unpractical IMHO.
- The "Edit Message" command is available in the ... drop-down menu AND in the More drop-down menu. Sometimes it works, sometimes it returns a "message not found" error (which is rather funny).
What is bothering me is that all these problems are not bugs (I'd prefer) but probably design decisions. Khoros is not a software that you install on your own server. It's a service. Changes cannot be made by the customer or by an in-house developer like with open source forum software. So, we may have to wait for fixes.
Interestingly enough, Khoros is not only a forum software. It's also a marketing and tracking tool. I encourage you to read this page : https://khoros.com/ :
Use Khoros to engage customers with:
So, maybe Jive was dropped for another reason than being a poor forum software ? Is solving our problems with Adobe software the primary goal of this move ? I'm not sure. Regarding Photoshop and Lightroom support, I therefore encourage everyone to move to Adobe Photoshop Family (https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family). You have a better (not saying good) chance to receive more useful answers there and to possibly get in touch from time to time with staff members.
JIVE, Khoros / Lithium are under the same company. While JIVE is still actively maintained it no longer receives new features. Hence the move to Khoros / Lithium.
I see that pagination has been added to long threads. Yay!
This system contains a lot of tracking software. Go to AdChoices in the footer and opt out of everything you don't want. Then clear cookies. In a few days, go to Manage cookies to see just how many new coolies this community software has generated. I also use AdBlock Plus and UBlock.
- I forgot to mention the lack of quoting options.
ah! i dont come here often, in part because of the forum software. i thought maybe i was doings oemthing wrong, or maybe it was a safari / chrome thing. add to the list:
no email when i check the box that says "emaila me when someone replies" i'll post something, then forget to check because of couse, no emails came to tell me to look. funny such a huge comeany like adobe has such amateur forum software.
- I have to sign in each time I return to the forum. I don't see any option allowing to avoid this.
" I have to sign in each time I return to the forum. I don't see any option allowing to avoid this."
There is no option except to keep your browser open. Closing your browser terminates the log-in session.