Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

System Error!!!!!!!!!!!

LEGEND ,
Jul 01, 2017 Jul 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happening again for anyone else?

In Firefox Mac I get a blank white page trying to access the forum and a message:

System Error

We're sorry but a serious error has occurred in the system.    

In Safari all is OK.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 10, 2017 Jul 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Os,

First i agree with Nancy, and NO i did not censor your post.

Just as a personal observation now.

These problems were a given in that sooner or later thay were bound to happen. As someone who was called out of retirerment to fix problems with the further development of an application, i can tell you that since the financial crash budgets in all large companies and organisations have been cut to such an extent, that the end race to the bottom started about 6 years ago, and has now finally started to come home.

Even companies like Apple, Microsoft, Amazon, Oracle and obviously Adobe, cut costs so much that now all software has started to fail in the worst possible ways for all users. Development team members changed so often that no one knew how the software worked anymore, they were scared to criticise or disagree with so called managers, and bugs were almost never fixed to a satisfactory standard.

I am not blaming any employee of any company, as they can do nothing but publicly support a companys products and services. What one can blame though is the lack of foresight and planning, in that it should be obvious that if one cuts costs, there comes a point at which reliability and investment are the only items left to cut, and that point was hit 5-6 years ago. We have seen it in the questions asked in this forum, in that many people think that only profit matters, and how they code is irrelevant, providing it does the job for now, then they think the future be dammed.

Look at all the systems hit by hackers in the last 6 months, and the arguments we hear from governments and industry advisors, that in order to balance the books, cost cutting is the only way. Then look at the lack of experiance by those saying it, and they all have justifications for the reduction in quality of so called premium services and products.

Complaints of pensioner over for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just as an update, Madison has posted a notification on the forum home page -

https://forums.adobe.com/welcome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

U*(*(*(*(*(**(**(**(*(*(*(*(*(*(**(*(*(*(*(*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Question must have been too hard I guess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its a bag of bones, I think away. I'm reliably informed the vendor has identified the problem and it will be fixed later tonight.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still the same in my German FF, Opera, IE, Chrome! Now I found out that I do have access with my mobile. Here my problems:

If I ask for:

https://forums.adobe.com/adobe_login >>> I get >>> System Error, We're sorry but a serious error has occurred in the system.

https://forums.adobe.com/news?channel=recent change to https://forums.adobe.com/adobe_login?referer=https://forums.adobe.com/message/9685273 >>>System Error, We're sorry but a serious error has occurred in the system.

https://forums.adobe.com/inbox change to https://forums.adobe.com/adobe_login?referer=https://forums.adobe.com/inbox >>> System Error, We're sorry but a serious error has occurred in the system.

No problem is to find Adobe's homepage by using http://www.adobe.com/de/

BUT using there "Community-Foren" >>> (normally) https://forums.adobe.com/welcome?promoid=29NMCRJT&mv=other >>> it leads instead to https://forums.adobe.com/adobe_login?referer=https://forums.adobe.com/welcome >>> System Error, We're sorry but a serious error has occurred in the system.

Does nobody except me have such a problem? Could it be a problem with JIVE for German's forum?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hans-g.  wrote

Does nobody except me have such a problem? Could it be a problem with JIVE for German's forum?

Its the forum sofware. Apparently the issue has been identified and is being put right or has been put right beacsue Firefox on Mac works again this morning.........but for how long, time will tell.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 11, 2017 Jul 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Safari 10.3 now works o/k on the iPad, but i can no longer log-out. Every time i log-out it appears to have done so, but if i then open a forum page it logs me back in again automatically, (stay logged in un-checked).

Os, edit works as i am now adding this.

I'm also wondering how much this bug has/will affect participation in the forum. Dw was comming up to that time when traffic traditionally dropped off anyway, (school/uni holidays).

at least it will give everyone time to prepare for the inevitable complaints about the next release of Dw, (no matter how good or bad it is) just hope it is better than 2017.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded FF for Win10 last night.  This morning I got the security warnings.  So I cleared all cookies and cache.  I closed FF and re-opened.  I signed in to the forums and it appears to be working now.   Fingers crossed....

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I've moved this to the Forum Comments space and have edited out all posts that did not follow our guidelines.

-Madison

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Madison, the problem is that now we have at least five parallel threads on the subject. I would suggest closing some of them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lots of good forum software will give you the option to merge threads.

Jive? Apparently not...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I know, that's why I suggested closing some of them. Having 5 parallel active threads is a waste of bandwidth and of participant's time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some of these "duplicate" threads began in other forums.  I agree, it's confusing when people post in the wrong venue but that's what people do....    If they watch their personal email for updates, there won't be any if that thread is locked.

Nancy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 12, 2017 Jul 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello to my fellow sufferers, at the moment ist looks like that all my German forum's JIVE links work.

And only as a side note: I was pretty glad to actually have found this one of all these threads in my time slot, which was made available for some seconds, by chance!

Hans-Günter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy, should we expect updates in blocked threads?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Claudio+Gonz%C3%A1lez  wrote

Nancy, should we expect updates in blocked threads?

If a thread is locked, then no more posts can be made too that thread.

Moderators and Adobe staff could unlock a thread to post a reply, and then lock it again, but anyone else would not be able to provide feedback without starting a new thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We've applied a temporary fix that has resolved this for the time being. We should have a permanent fix in place early next week. I'll follow up System error  when it has been permanently resolved. In the meantime, I am closing this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 01, 2017 Jul 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is discussion about this in the Forum Back Room.   Clearing browser cache +  closing & reopening browser 2 or more times seems to fix it.   If Jive did a reset, some nodes are probably not back yet.

Can't access forums in Chrome

Incidentally  most Adobe staffers are gone for the Independence Day shutdown.

Nancy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although i can understand why all open discussions regarding this problem have been moved to one forum, i'm not convinced that doing so is a good stratergy for actual forum users.

I cannot speak for anyone else, but when i visit the forum i do so via the Dreamweaver forum every time, as that is the forum relating to my primary interest. Users will also i think first visit the product forum regarding their problem or interest and not via the forum home page, (or any other product/subject forum). Having such discussions as this one in each forum is difficult to manage, but it would mean that users visiting their primary forum would be informed that there is a problem, Adobe is aware of the problem, and just as importantly find the 'fix'. If such discussions as this one are all in one place, then it is more likely that users will simply leave and never return, thinking that the forum no longer works, or worse, thinking they are not allowed to post in the forum.

I don't have any access to statistics regarding phone contacts to product support, but i am certain that there has been an increase in such, due to the inability of product users to log in too these forums. If i was not a regular forum users, and only ocassionally used the forums, i would much prefer to be informed about this issue in my forum of interest, and would certainly not go looking through other forums before 'going elsewhere'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines