• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text entry from an iPhone

Participant ,
Apr 26, 2010 Apr 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this an issue or not? Using an iPhone I can only enter a subject line, not text in the main message pane. True for forum posts and PMs.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 30, 2010 Apr 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stuart,

I've not heard of any iPhone issue. I would assume that many forum users have iPhones, so if they have not had an issue, I'd just guess that it's a local issue. Maybe after Mr. Jobs blasted Adobe (Flash content), he had all iPhones disabled for posting to the Adobe fora?

Hope that an iPhone user can chime in and offer suggestions for you. As I access via HTTP, I admit little knowledge of responding via e-mail. However, I must add that many e-mail users seem to ONLY be able to post Subjects, and their body text is missing. I see this about 3-5x per week - blank posts from a POP account. The poor user also does not realize that their reply is blank.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 01, 2010 May 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hunt

Thanks for the reply. Jobs disabling iPhones to slap Adobe back - ha! This is an amusing thought.

What happens when I try to reply via the iPhone is that I can access the subject line line and enter text, but attempts to write in the message pane are prevented completely. Touching the message pane I get a grey bar (with rounded corners) that is the full width of the pane and approximately 1 character tall. I've tried double-tapping to zoom, but nothing.

I'm using a 3GS with the 3.13 version software. My phone has not been jailbroken. Intruiging about the other blank posts received though...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jobs only has disagreement with FLash content. The forum is Javascript based. I get this all the time on my Blackberry 8330 you have an opetion to set two different ways of vewing a website. Either way you have to do a lot of scrolling up and down and sidways to get to where you need because your trying to condense content that sutibale for 13" 15" 17" or larger screen down to be used on a 2 or 3" Square Screen. I don't have an iPhone, because AT&T is the absolute worse Cellphone carrier on the Planet. If you want excellent coverage over alnot 80% or more of US, get service a Verizon. And the hope to have 4G out of gate before AT&T. In my Area two AT&T phone can be 100 feet away from each other and not be able to talk to each other. Dropping signal constantly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PjonesCET wrote:

...In my Area two AT&T phone can be 100 feet away from each other and not be able to talk to each other. Dropping signal constantly.

I don't believe cel phones work like walkie talkies. Makes total sense that if one is having issues the other would too because they are probably each sending and receiving signals from the nearest cel tower.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wasn't implying that they did. what I was referring to was the dropped signal from the towers.

with Verizon you have a special number call and hit a number key and it will hunt for and hook you to the tower with the best strenghth for your home area.

Evidently they don't have a decent tower in our area.

Oh some Cell Phone makers do have a push to talk walkie talkie feature. Though I haven' heard it advertised much lately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

text entry on the iphone in general is annoying, they should develop a bigger keypad for people with bigger fingers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 02, 2010 May 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Personally, I think it's the best keypad I've ever used - better than a BlackBerry, any Sony Ericsson and certainly my last Nokia N73! That was designed for use by 5 year olds I think!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
May 02, 2010 May 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

flexiblebullet wrote:

text entry on the iphone in general is annoying, they should develop a bigger keypad for people with bigger fingers.

Try the keyboard on a BlackBerry Curve 8330both.jpg You'll wish you had an iPhone.

actual size is abot 3" wide by 5 or 6" long you either need long finger nails, or a stylus to punch the keys.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines