Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

That Letter from Lambert Walsh, VP, Technical Services

Aug 27, 2009 Aug 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link to that letter should be displayed in every major product forum.

I notice that Lambert Walsh, VP, Technical Services doesn't give his own contact details but at least it shows some kind of awareness.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 27, 2009 Aug 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link to that letter should be displayed in every major product forum.

Am I the only one here to think "What letter"? If not, here it is:

http://www.adobe.com/support/pdfs/open_letter_to_adobe_customers.pdf

That file's properties are pretty revealing.

Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 28, 2009 Aug 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ildhund wrote:

Am I the only one here to think "What letter"? If not, here it is:

http://www.adobe.com/support/pdfs/open_letter_to_adobe_customers.pdf

Noel

No you weren't the only one ... thanks for the link. Why are the file's properties revealing? What am i missing?

TIA,

JJ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I first looked, I must admit I saw Quark where it says Quartz. Nevertheless, they might have put the right author's name in and used their own product to produce a proper PDF. See Harbs's comment for a possible explanation.

Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mmm... just saw where it is... but it's not common across all forums...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ildhund wrote:

Noel

LOL!

Maybe they couldn't activate their copy of Acrobat...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John Joslin wrote:

I notice that Lambert Walsh, VP, Technical Services doesn't give his own contact details but at least it shows some kind of awareness.

The letter also doesn't carry a date, but the document properties show that it was created 2009-08-27.  (Just in case anybody was wondering.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe finally Adobe is waking up and understanding what damage their technical/customer service is causing them. Of course, they will continue to outsource it (which is what "a new global service provider" really means) and don't seem to consider implementing an in-house CS/TS department.

Still, at least they're acknowleding the problem...

Here's the job description of the author of this document (from http://www.zoominfo.com/people/Moisan_Tracy_1307399597.aspx) :

About Tracy Moisan:

As director of services product management at Adobe Systems, Tracy Moisan helps define service and support strategies that maximize revenue and meet the needs of customers, developers, and partners.Tracy also leads marketing and communication practices focused on customer acquisition and retention.           

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Several months ago, somewhere in these vast forums, somone posted that Adobe was in the middle of re-doing customer service. I think it was maybe 4 months ago? So the process that generated this letter is over 4 months old. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That sounds reasonable. If they really are switching to a completely new CS/TS provider, I expect it to take no less than 6 months, considering the size of Adobe's client base and number of products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Aug 31, 2009 Aug 31, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adbecare@adobe.com ? Really?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wondered too.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One way to make sure you don't get bothered by grumpy emails Might work of course, haven't tried it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's what J.Nack said in the course of a blog entry on lousy customer service:

The Adobe stock ticker symbol is "ADBE," so sometimes those letters are used as (very minor) shorthand, in the same way "MSFT" refers to Microsoft. --J.

One comment remarked on the lousy forum software too. He sort of skipped over that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kath-H wrote:

adbecare@adobe.com ? Really?

Dropped the first letter by  mistake... 'b'...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's already on Facebook.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 01, 2009 Sep 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kath-H wrote:

It's already on Facebook.

Never mind Facebook, it's on Creative Pro!

http://www.creativepro.com/article/adobe-apologizes-world-poor-customer-service

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Should have bought that vowel when they had the chance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 03, 2009 Sep 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I used the 'adbecare@adobe.com' email address;  my system crashed and I had to recover it and start over and I knew that I had used up my two activations. That was at about this time on Monday; Tuesday morning I had an email response from a technical person stating that he had gone ahead and upped my number of activations so the new software install activated OK. I feel like I dodged a bullet but after using Dreamweaver and Fireworks for years I am looking for something to replace them.  I already got burned with Dreamweaver; upgraded to 8 from MX and then discovered it would not run on Vista or Win7 so had to upgrade again to CS4; not making the same mistake with Fireworks. Too late for me to upgrade anyhow and I am sure not paying the full price.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Six months of bad customer service will destroy any company no matter who you are. Once the word hits the street it spreads like wild fire. Just think if all these complaints were on twitter or facebook for the world to read. Switching customer service companies is not a excuse for piss poor planning. I am sorry but a customer with a problem is not going to wait 6 months, nor should a customer be expected to wait, for someone to be trained to fix their problem. A simple follow up call or e-mail works wonders too.

Having a company tell a customer that they will receive a phone call or e-mail within 48 hours to correct their problems then not receive anything at all is just total lack of any care. Long waits on the phone just to be disconnected is frustrating to say the least. 

try67 wrote:

That sounds reasonable. If they really are switching to a completely new CS/TS provider, I expect it to take no less than 6 months, considering the size of Adobe's client base and number of products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Too bad they aren't including Jive "snake oil" Software in that letter...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines