• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The font on these forums looks terrible

New Here ,
Jul 26, 2012 Jul 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The font on these forums and many other parts of the Adobe.com site look terrible on my computer. This is on Windows XP, and I tried it on all the big browsers, and they all look like this:

(Click the image to see it actual size..)

adobe-font.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been a long standing complaint since the "improvements" made to forums in May.  Font too small. 

Seems like the big concern today is how it reads on you phone.  Win8 and Apple OS going that way also.  Very bad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not just small, but really jagged and broken looking. Its hard to read.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have touched a time old sensitive spot there:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/1895418#1895418

But don't worry, we have been assured that Adobe is paying attention to us, so maybe in another three years...?

(Does the Verdana I'm using look any better in your screen?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah I think it is just "Adobe Clean" that looks so awful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 27, 2012 Jul 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 7, Waterfox 14.  Default font looks very clean/clear to me:

ffont.PNG

Edit: actually the screenshot that I have taken looks very clean/clear, but after posting it here at the forum, it simply looks awful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 29, 2012 Jul 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@buckeye1973 - For some reason your browser isn't anti-aliasing the font. Support for web fonts is relatively new but when they're active the aliasing should be applied the same as it is for any other typeface - I'm viewing this on XP with Firefox 14.0.1 and it's working fine.

We know there are some combinations of browser and OS that break the anti-aliasing system - early versions of Chrome and remote desktop installations both have problems. Please reply with details of your system configuration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2012 Jul 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dave Merchant wrote:

We know there are some combinations of browser and OS that break the anti-aliasing system - early versions of Chrome and remote desktop installations both have problems.

This is a known problem? So that means you would rather use a web font that looks pretty much like any other commonly available font for most people, knowing that for others it is a pain to read. It doesn't seem worthwhile. You end up with a font that is marginally (if at all) "better" for most people, and much worse for the rest.

Dave Merchant wrote:

Please reply with details of your system configuration.

You can blame my system configuration, and if other sites looked this bad on my browser I would agree. But the rest of the internet does not look like this, as far as I've seen, so I don't think of it as my problem. I suppose this makes me sound stubborn, but consider the user experience; I'm browsing the internet, everything looks fine, then I get to your site and it looks bad. And I'm supposed to think something is wrong with my computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines