• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The forums should allow larger attachments with more file types

LEGEND ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[This post contains embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser to see the images.]

The forums should allow all the file types that users might be posting about, and the 50 MB limit should be increased to at least 100 MB, preferrably 150 MB, to allow for raws from newer cameras and TIFFs, PSDs, and PSBs with typical dimensions.

As it stands now, even if you can explain to a user how to attach a file to a reply (I have a macro for that), chances are that it will fail due to an unsupported file type. And at that point, the user has lost patience and doesn't want to hear about uploading to Dropbox, etc. (which many users don't know how to do).

I've tested the common raw file types and other file types often referenced in the Lightroom forum:

File types allowed:

jpg, log, mov, mp4, psd, tif, txt, xmp

File types disallowed, with the error "The contents of the attachment doesn't [sic] match its file type.":

arw, cr2, cr3, dng, heic, lrtemplate, nef, orf, psb, rw2, 

File types disallowed because the samples tested were larger than 50 MB:

fff, raf, 

File types disallowed, with the error 'The file ... does not have a valid extension":

lua

The error message for .lua files implies that many of the file types that failed in my testing are intended to be supported (but note the error message is cut off, and good luck reading the low-res version created by the forum software):

Screen Shot 2020-01-09 at 4.05.38 PM.png

See this thread for the results of my testing:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/back-room/test-post-for-attachments/td-p/10846892

[Use the reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

TOPICS
Bug , Enhancement

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here are the sample files I tested with:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jbbytk2w7mpwewb/sample-file-types-for-forum-testing.2020.01.09.zip?dl=0

[Use the reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines