• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

This forum says, in the words of George McFly: I am your density!

LEGEND ,
May 24, 2012 May 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To all involved with this morning's forum update:

I was going to start by saying "I mean no disrespect", but I actually DO mean some... 

There's a limit to anyone's patience and optimism, and frankly you've lost my respect.

1.  Did the forum actually look like this when it was tested before roll-out?

Density.jpg

2.  It WAS tested before roll-out, right?

3.  Do you have people with any actual training or experience doing your web work?

4.  Who approved this as "ready to go online"?  Why is this person still employed by Adobe?

I have been willing to overlook some glitches before, after having been stunned that such glitches ever made it to public view but knowing that there was work was in progress to fix them.  But I am having trouble finding forgiveness in my heart for rolling alpha quality results out to the public twice in a row.

You're Adobe!  Did it occur to you that your web site is a public face of your company, and that it doesn't impress your (potential) customers much when it looks like it was designed by a 7 year old?

Keep in mind a lot of folks come to your forums after having been exasperated by failures in your other support avenues.  They're not going to be anywhere near as forgiving as I am here.

-Noel

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now, having cleared my cached files, it looks some better, though now the dark gray on light gray fonts are simply tiny.

Do you think that 99% of the people out there know how to clear their cache?

You do know that there are ways to avert such problems, right?

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Noel,

I saw, what you saw, and made verbal reference to it, in my "Reply Number" post.

Clearing the cache improved things greatly. I was going blind before. Good one!

Thanks,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cleared the browser cache in each fourm and this forum looks better, but PS and Bridge  forums still look link Noel's screen shot.  What gives?

I am very dissapointed that they sayed with the mico size type.  Many users have complained and it was on the list to fix, but nothing changed.

Message was edited by: Curt Y  Figured out how to see updated forum page.  After clearing cache I had to leave the web page and then reload.  Did not work to just use bookmarked page to refresh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 25, 2012 May 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Curt,

This is but a guess on my part, but I'd suspect that Adobe gave major concession to forum users with mobile devices. That might be the "wave of the future" (hence Noel's reference in the title), but leaves many folk, who still use those "old fashioned" computers squinting, trying to read "micro-type."

Things did improve for me, when I switched to my vari-focal "computer glasses," but I have to remember to change those out, or I'll fall down the stairs.

Good luck to us all,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines