• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

THIS IS NOT THE DREAMWEAVER FORUM

Advocate ,
Jul 25, 2009 Jul 25, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Little help keeping this up since there are no stickies in these lovely new forums?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 122 Replies 122
Engaged ,
Jul 31, 2009 Jul 31, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the bad link has now been fixed, so maybe we won't need this.

Grumbling works, obviously, if it's loud enough. Next task: fix the main forums portal so you can find (say) the Indesign forum easily. As it is, you start searching through the big, bright 'product' links to find it, but it's not there. So you go further down, try 'Design forums' and generally blunder around until you notice quite by chance an insignificant little box higher up inviting you to 'Select forum'. You then search through a list alphabetized by a dyslexic and eventually - if you haven't given up by then - find Indesign. It's quite busy in there (4400 posts in the last month in the general forum alone and another thousand in Scripting), so one wonders how much busier it would be if people could find it.

Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That main portal is a text book example of bad design for communication, with the links displayed totally inconsistently.  Partly as pretty icons, partly in a drop-down and partly in a table.

No wonder people get lost.

And this is the world's leading manufacturer of design software?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so one wonders how much busier it would be if people could find it.

http://www.milbut.org/smilies/roflol.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice last name change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dec9 wrote:

Nice last name change.

yous gots a problem wit dat?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry - apologies to the powers that be. I didn't check the 'Select forum' dropdown before posting my rant earlier. I've since done so, and see that the alphabeticization has been recently regularized. The Adobe prefix has been removed from most of the product names that had it before (IIRC Photoshop but not Indesign) and things are in the right order.

Thanks to whoever's responsible.

Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if this is why some posts are ending up here when they shouldn't (perhaps we have the culprit):

Picture 1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well,

Rick is guilty of at least this move, huh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 01, 2009 Aug 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed, guilty as charged! But I only did it with one post. And it will not happen again! I'm very surprised to see I'm the only person here that has ever made a forum mistake.

Please note that while I did park it here temporarily, I also took the time to move it to the appropriate forum once I discovered where it should have gone.

I suppose you are suggesting the my temporarily parking a single misdirected post from a RoboHelp forum would somehow cause a cascade of events causing all misdirected posts to end up here?

Based on the fact many seem to be bumping the thread to keep it visible it would seem that there are lots of folks ending up here with Dreamweaver questions.

Instead of continually bumping the thread stating this is not the Dreamweaver forum, why don't one of you just add it into the Sticky Topics area someone created? Isn't that the purpose?

Cheers all... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captiv8r wrote:

why don't one of you just add it into the Sticky Topics area someone created? Isn't that the purpose?

Because none of us has those capabilities, and no one from Adobe is listening to us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ramón G Castañeda wrote:

Because none of us has those capabilities, and no one from Adobe is listening to us.

Where is the zealous Zeno Zonker when you need him?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 02, 2009 Aug 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captiv8r wrote:

Instead of continually bumping the thread stating this is not the Dreamweaver forum, why don't one of you just add it into the Sticky Topics area someone created? Isn't that the purpose?

Cheers all... Rick

Well Rick why don't you do it? you have the power to move threads you should have the power to make them sticky. Oh that's right the Jive people never thought to add that function to their forum software. Lame a$$ Jive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Buko. wrote:

Oh that's right the Jive people never thought to add that function to their forum software. Lame a$$ Jive.

What's that box up the top then?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

screenshot_01.jpg

Of course you only see this in 'Overview' Which looks exactly like whatever the other view is, right down to having an

'Overview' tab and a full list of topics.

Except some of the boxes on the right swap about. And you can see the Stickies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, and I always enter a forum that way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clever you. Seems random to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In this forum area when I enter in a thread, read, and finished then click on discussions to go back to the list of threads (bread crumb or the one on the top) the sticky topics are no longer there.

Kath-H wrote:

screenshot_01.jpg

Of course you only see this in 'Overview' Which looks exactly like whatever the other view is, right down to having an

'Overview' tab and a full list of topics.

Except some of the boxes on the right swap about. And you can see the Stickies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dec9 wrote:

In this forum area when I enter in a thread, read, and finished then click on discussions to go back to the list of threads (bread crumb or the one on the top) the sticky topics are no longer there.

Don't click on Discussions, click on Forum comments.  The discussions link is redundant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Depends whether you want to keep scrolling past the stickies box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kath-H wrote:

Depends whether you want to keep scrolling past the stickies box.

In these bloody forums my scrolling muscle is now bigger than my bicep, so it doesn't bother me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ah, ermmm, I knew that. just testing ya.......

Can't see the forest with all them stupid trees in the way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I'd be happy to do it, but...

I was granted access to be a moderator for RoboHelp and Captivate forums. I really don't want to overstep my bounds here. I'm guessing this one is moderated/maintained by Adobe folk. I enjoy having the capabilities, but I'm also trying to be careful with using them, as I am keenly aware we are dealing with live forums used all the time by various folks across our globe.

Additionally, I'd be willing to bet that regardless of what you do or how hard you try, folks will constantly blow past the verbiage and post anyway.

We have taken steps in the RoboHelp forums to add Sticky Topics in the assorted categories and yet folks don't read and post anyway.

Click here to view

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorta like the owners manual in a new car. Never gets read.

I don't use RoboHelp but the layout looks nice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

up

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines