Jun 16, 2009 Jun 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JC? Anyone?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish I had more to say! Lots of little things going on. Changing caches on images. Getting uploads out of the queue faster. Lots of discussions with Jive on making new enhancements. Gathering quotes and statements of work. Lining up resources. But all of these things have so many processes and go slowly.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

at least that's more than no report.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They want you to  pay more to get things working properly? I can see that might be the case if you want customisations, but surely the bits that are just broken should be fixed FOC. I'm sure we'd still all like some indications on what is planned, ruled out, still a possibility - or not. Thanks for responding, however.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe-admin wrote:

I wish I had more to say! Lots of little things going on. Changing caches on images. Getting uploads out of the queue faster. Lots of discussions with Jive on making new enhancements. Gathering quotes and statements of work. Lining up resources. But all of these things have so many processes and go slowly.

Sounds like an anthem of despair.

Lots of little things?

What about the big things?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jun 17, 2009 Jun 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe-admin wrote on 2009-06-17 00:55:

I understand the process for new features takes a lot of time, both on

the Jive side and the Adobe side. But how about the bug fixes? There are

no statements of work there, no budget approvals, no slow moving

bureaucratic processes, that is just a matter of Jive writing code.

Specifically what I am interested in is:

1. Progress on the bouncing email. And if Jive is unable to solve that

anytime soon, whether they please can reduce the timeout on their mail

queue. After 2 days I can resend email, after 5 days the thread is dead

and buried. (That would be the "maximal_queue_lifetime" parameter in

main.cf on their email gateway.)

2. Progress on the proper headers in the email for threading.

I understand a lot of people are also anxious to see the updates Jive

released last week in Clearspace 2.5.13 put online, but since I try not

to use the web interface there is hardly anything interesting for me there.

Jochem

--

Jochem van Dieten

http://jochem.vandieten.net/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my opinion, permanent and irreversible damage has already been done.  No matter what happens down the road, the forums as we knew them are history.  We already lost too many valuable contributors.

I'm reminded of the way David Hatch and his team managed to kill the Adobe Studio Exchange, which never recovered from their butchering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm reminded of the way David Hatch and his team managed to kill the Adobe Studio Exchange, which never recovered from their butchering.

yup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

[OT]

Forgive my thread hijack John, but it is possible that you are not aware of this. The old "Report Spam..." thread has been locked and a new one started without you, http://forums.adobe.com/thread/446467 . I don't know if you're getting email notifications from there or not.

Claudio has asked several times in that thread for an update to the link in the Sticky Topics area of the forum. I think that would be a good idea. Maybe even delete or hide the locked thread?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with many posts here.  The new format has chased away some of the best contributors and is killing activity and participation.  It not only hurts the user community, but will hurt Adobe in the long run and reduce your sales.  If people can't get good answers to their Adobe software usage questions, they'll get frustrated and look at other products. I've spoken to some of these people already.

Intentions were good, but I consider this a serious downgrade.  It may be too late, but going back to the easier, friendly, faster format can only help IMO.

I'm considering going elsewhere myself, which I really prefer not to do.  I feel like a lone wolf over at the Color Management forum, which used to be quite active.  Think it over Adobe.  You're administering self inflicted wounds.

Lou

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines