Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Time Stamp

Jan 06, 2010 Jan 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps this has been asked and answered before and I missed it.

Sometimes when a post is edited the time stamp is not changed.  At other times the edit creates a new time stamp, although its order in the thread is not changed.

Is there any rhyme or reason for this, or is it just another Jive programing feature, like the damm carriage return after 30 characters on first line?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 07, 2010 Jan 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Curt,

Sometimes when a post is edited the time stamp is not changed.  At other times the edit creates a new time stamp, although its order in the thread is not changed.

Is there any rhyme or reason for this, or is it just another Jive programing feature, like the damm carriage return after 30 characters on first line?

No, yes. And it may be less than 30 characters, or not all all. It rarely happens over here; maybe because we have our own time here, the TST.

In any case, the time stamp is strange; sometimes there is a disorder in who is stated as last poster.

And sometimes, the thread is not brought to the top of the list in the forum even with a brand new post; at least that sometimes happens over here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 07, 2010 Jan 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another very frustrating thing that happens is when you are creating a link to a different web resource. You select the text, click the hyperlink icon and see the dialog where you fill in the URL. You paste and suddenly what you pasted is "undone" and replaced by what was there before.

In thinking about it, perhaps this is also tied to the odd line break issue. It's almost as if some sort of "refresh" is occurring and causing things to go askew.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 12, 2010 Jan 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick,

This has been happening more often with me too. I assume that I must have moved the cursor outside of the "hot zone," and if so, it's just OE on my part, but even with care, about 1:3 seems to behave that way too. Now, the cursor is always hovered in the box, when I do the Ctrl-V, but something else must be afoot too.

You are not alone in this,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 12, 2010 Jan 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jacob,

There do seem to be inconsistencies with the Time Stamp, as well as the Last Post, and the display of the full thread. I hate it, when I see that the last post was the OP, reply, and THEN see that there were three other replies, that did not show, anywhere, and all of them had the correct answer too - some days before!

We've got our own TZ - AZT (Arizona Time, which does not change, and is usually -8 GMT), and I've seen some similar oddities. BTW - where is TST, Texan Standard Time? Tasmanian Standard Time? Just curious if maybe it's only us folk with our own special TZ.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 13, 2010 Jan 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bill,

TST is Transylvanian Standard Time. Many refer to it as CET (Central European Time), and switch to CEST (Central European Summer Time) some of the year. Actually, it covers a surprisingly large part of continental Europe.

TST seems more suitable after many years of serving in the Illustrator vampire squad, covering the dark PST hours, and taking jokes about our coffins and a few things more. And what is the point in changing the clock to earlier in the summer, when you cannot get out until later?

Over here we have actually had very stable conditions, including forum connexion and login status. Unfortunately, we are unable to still dwell in the fair forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 13, 2010 Jan 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. That was one "guess," that I did not make.

Having some good acquaintances, who moved from Transylvania to the US (now living in Arizona), I will have to discuss TST with them - now that you have shared the details with me.

Appreciated,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines